9. The other tribe

Hullo! I was very excited for this chapter (which is why, once again, I'm posting it at a few minutes past midnight instead of waking 'till I wake up), because this is where I introduce most of my OCs. A little disclaimer before we do so: all of the Moonlit are my own OCs, they belong to me. However, Celestiara has been inspired by another OC, Clementine, which does not belong to me, and which I came across in a Cats one-shots book by CrazyCat243 - I believe the OC herself belongs to OliviaRzucidlo4973 (correct me if I'm wrong). However, though she has been inspired by Clementine, Tiara is NOT Clementine and belongs to me.

Led by Grizabella, the delegation crossed the town to a suburb that was very much like the one the junkyard was in. Grizabella stopped at the foot of an old, abandoned building. Two cats, a handsome red and black tiger tom who looked about Misto's age and a ginger and white kitten who was missing an eye, were sitting outside the building, absorbed in deep talk. Grizabella purposely made a sound to announce their arrival. The two cats looked up.

"Oh, hello, Grizabella", the ginger kitten said cheerfully. "Who have we got here?"

"Hello Tiara, Ed", Grizabella returned. "These cats need Lady Felegrine's help. Do you know if we might see her?"

"She's with Kerry, I think", the tom - Ed - replied. "We'll go warn her."

He jumped off the wooden barrel he had been sitting on, and disappeared in the building. The kitten also jumped off, but she instead came to sniff the Jellicles warily. Demeter and Tugger huffed impatiently, but Misto and Eriva opened their arms so she could inspect them as she wished, showing they meant no harm.

"Tiara!" the tiger cat called from the doorstep, having come back after noticing his companion hadn't followed. "Don't be rude."

"Since when was it rude to check who we're letting inside the yard?" the kitten returned.

"Since they've been invited by Grizabella. You ought to trust her choice of guests."

"Oh... Right." She left the Jellicles' side and ran into the house after Ed. "Sorry Grizabella, I didn't mean to be rude!" she called back over her shoulder.

Demeter looked from the doorway where the two cats had gone to Grizabella, looking thoughtful. After a few moments, a beautiful white persian queen came out of the doorway and sat down with a lot of grace.

"Griz", she said, greeting her with a warm nod. "It is nice to see you. It has been a moment."

"It's good to see you too, Anu."

"My name is Anukari", she added, turning to the strangers. I am one of the leaders of the Moonlit tribe. I understand you need the help of our matriarch."

"Your... Matriarch?" Tugger questioned.

"Lady Felegrine is our beloved leader. She is wise and respectable more than any other cat. My role is rather protecting the tribe and holding it together."

"Yes, she is this tribe's Old Deuteronomy", Grizabella agreed after a questioning look from Tugger. "And Anu is their Munkustrap... Or Bombalurina."

"You belong to a tribe as well, I take it?"

"Yes", Demeter said. "One of our members got badly injured in a fight recently..."

"Against Macavity", Grizabella added.

"You know Macavity?" Misto marveled.

"Who doesn't?" Anukari sighed. "Well, I understand why Griz brought you here. Come in."