✨Chapter 28: The Aftermath

Five long days

Five long days.

That's how long it had been since Kadence had left the tour like a thief in the night and returned home.

Since then she hadn't moved from her spot in the corner of her couch and she had cried every single day.

Her throat was on fire, her eyes ached, and her mouth was dry but even still tears threatened to spill out of her eyes and onto the pillows they had become permanently a part of.

And as if crying her eyes out everyday wasn't enough she'd barely eaten in days, and alcohol and depressing music had become her best friend.

Right now she was listening to Sam Smith pour his heart out on Drowning Shadows as she sipped on a cup of 1942 straight as Lucy laid next to her attempting to make her feel better but there was no feeling better. Her life was in shambles and no matter how many times in the past week she had tried to make sense of what was going on she still couldn't believe how fast it all happened.

One minute she was mingling with Hollywood's best and the next she was the most hated person in the world and without a doubt the talk of the tour.

Her first thought was to stay. Prove to everyone that her and Sabian's love was much more than anyone thought and show everyone how strong she truly was but with every comment, picture, and hashtag she became physically ill and knew there was no way she could stay.

Once on the plane home she turned her phone off and hadn't turned it back on since. She had completely cut herself off from the outside world. She felt it was the only option. However that didn't stop her from thinking about Sabian who she knew without a doubt was worried about her.

She could still hear him promising to protect her before leaving her in the room alone to handle what he labeled as urgent business. He had no idea that when he returned she'd be gone and neither did she but the truth was it had all become too much for her.

Their relationship was now public knowledge and it wasn't because they had made the decision to go public. Someone else was controlling their narrative and that specific narrative led the world to deem her as the worst kind of woman to walk the earth.

Not only was she a whore and a host of other slurs but she was also a homewrecker who had fucked her way to the top and didn't care who she stepped on to get there which was far from the truth.

Kadence had lived her whole life on the edge but even she wasn't equipped to handle this kind of scrutiny.

She was spiraling.

Taking another sip, Kadence thought back on the day everything blew up. She remembered it vividly.

She remembered the hurt but furious look on Sabian's face. She remembered Brittany's Oscar winning performance. She remembered Crystal almost immediately blowing her phone up with questions and solutions.