chapter twenty one. [michelle's pov]

after supper . . .

[5:05 PM] 

Camille, Draco and I were exiting the cafeteria ten minutes after almost everyone had already left. 

"What floor is your dorm on?" Camille asked me calmly.

"What, you think we're going to go have some little party with your new bestie?" Draco scoffs out.

"No you dimwit- clear out is in fifteen minutes. I'm just curious." Camille replies to him distastefully. 

"Floor eight." I reply, ready for their confused looks. Draco bursts out laughing.

"I told you there's something wrong with her mentally" Draco shouts, continuously laughing.

Camille gives me an undermining look. 

"It's part of the attic. I'm the only one up there." I say. 

Camille and Draco's expression changes. 

"Oh that makes more sense" Camille says.

"What floor are you on?" I ask in return.

Draco gives me a glassy-eyed stare, Camille intercepting between us.

"Two. Room 202." Camille replies as we all make our way up the stairs.

By the second flight of the stairwell I begin running but realize Camille would have to stop here.

"Do you two share a dorm room?" I ask.

"Well of course. She's blessed  to be my roommate." Draco cuts off.

Camille apologizes for Draco's cocky behaviour. 

"You're lucky Camille puts up with you." I tell Draco.

" I'm going to my room." I say to them, holding the railing as they walk off and down into the hall, entering their dorm. 

"bye." Camille says by the time I've already started up the stairs.

Draco was opening the door and walking into their room as they spoke when Camille had something else to say.

"Wait, Michelle?" She calls.

I shift over.

"Yeah" 

"Uh- just- we'll see you in class- or maybe detention-" She said.

For a second I was confused but then remembered what they did to sneak me out  of Mme. Beaux's class. 

"What class do you have first tomorrow?" I tell her lastly, I think I heard Draco nag Camille for her to come inside already.

"Science with Mrs. Covenett-" I hear her say. My mood instantly shifted but I figured I could survive the empty class. 

"Okay." I nodd and continue up the stairs. I could hardly stand the mention of food after eating so much this night. Camille must've thought I was really hungry although her plate was practically empty.