chapter twenty-two. [michelle's pov]

The next morning...

I wake up in my bed, the clean white sheets sprawled across it folding neatly as if it were crumpled paper. I glance out the window, two crows pecking at the glass. I rush to my feet and peer out the window. I figure I'd actually attend all my classes today. That night I had been contemplating the fact blondie and his little girlfriend had just been using me to give them information they wanted. I wouldn't let them get anything valuable from me and there was no way they could from what I had told them so far. What hurt me most was that I was never promised anyone I saw throughout the day would make it to the end. The school had been silent for the past few days. I didn't want today to end up boring like things had been for such a long time recently. It was easy for police to blame the victims. 

My eyes were locked outside the window as I walk past it, reaching out for the rack of clothes that had plenty of my favourite outfits hanging on it, displayed neatly. I stare at the coveting shadows by the trees and ivy around the garden. My eyes are caught by the statues I never recognized, I assume that I just never noticed them. They were reinforced on a stone platform and sculpted to look like little gremlin creatures. As I clutch one side of the velvety curtains, I begin peering closely out the window. I near my face to the glass and move the curtain away for a better view. 

I figure I need to get downstairs, I can't keep missing lectures. 

a/n: this chapter is really short ik its just bc theres a time skip so yeah