ONE

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

APRIL 1995

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿

harmony lovejoy sat at an empty table of a restaurant

harmony lovejoy sat at an empty table of a restaurant. she sat alone at the table but with no intents of ordering something to eat, she had already eaten a few hours prior. instead, she sat at the table with her purple notebook and a dark blue pen clipped on the cover. the table she had been sitting at was a few rows back from the stage, that currently held all different acts for the restaurant's open mic night. she wasn't sure if she was going to participate, and decided to rather watch the acts. however, she had her acoustic guitar with her just in case she decided she wanted to play a song.

the open mic night was rocky to say the least. there were a broad spectrum of acts. anybody was allowed to sign up, whenever they wanted, so there had been stand up comedians, children singing or dancing to their favourite songs, poor singers but very talented singers as well. the crowd didn't seem to be very engaged either, a lot of them being middle aged adults, or small children, or elders. but none of the acts so far had been phenomenal enough for anyone to want to be engaged.

harmony basically just used the open mic night as background noise, while she sat at her table all alone, writing lyric ideas in her hard-covered notebook- her songwriting journal. the cover was a light purple, with stickers all over it; shiny and reflective stickers, like those a parent would buy for their child that would be put on everything. some of the stickers were older and peeling off and discoloured, but some were new and vibrant, stuck on there for what seemed like eternity.

harmony was barely even paying attention to the acts, just giving an applause when she heard everyone else do the same. not that she meant to ignore them, she just wasn't interested by anything that was going on. but that only lasted for a little while, until she noticed something a little different happening from any of the other acts.

there had been band equipment being set up, a drum kit being put together behind another person who had been finishing up stand up comedy, and guitar amps being connected to electric guitars. everything was being set up by crew members, who clearly were not gonna be the ones playing the instruments. they looked like they barely even knew how a guitar amp worked, let alone like they knew how to play guitars.

yet the newly placed band equipment caught the attention of harmony, while she wondered who would be playing these instruments, and if this band would be any better than any of the other acts that had previously played throughout the night. so when the poor standup comedian had finally finished, and the host came back on stage, she became excited to see who and what this gig was gonna be.