NINE

(this chapter is REALLY longer than usual but it's good i promise)

stood at her kitchen counter, harmony had been eating some veggies from a veggie tray. she was eating baby carrots, broccoli and celery the most, dipping them in the dip provided, then eating each individual vegetable in just a few bites. she stood in her kitchen alone, yet her mother had been home. it was a weekday but her mother's manager had sent her home early for her dedication she had put into her job week already.

it was the early afternoon but harmony was not at the studio with the band. they had been doing a rehearsal and she didn't want to interrupt. the boys had been spending extra time rehearsing, trying to get more gigs so eventually they could start making a name for themselves to start booking bigger, more important venues. they were doing pretty well with it too, they had a few more club gigs lined up in the coming weeks.

but harmony decided to leave them to it. she thought that maybe she would go later that afternoon or later that evening for a few hours, but right now she was mostly content being at home, enjoying the fresh veggies of the veggie tray.

harmony was also standing in the kitchen waiting for her mother to return. at that moment her mother had been showering since she had only gotten home a while before, but harmony had come up with an idea that she hadn't stopped thinking about the whole day.

harmony knew that luke was looking for a job, he only wanted part time for one or two days a week, and she was aware of the fact that at the melrose diner, where her mother worked, they did tend to hire teenagers more often than not. they always seemed to be willing to give inexperienced teens their first jobs. harmony also knew that her mother had a powerful position at the diner, and although her mother would not be able to hire luke, she would be able to reference him to someone who may be interested.

but that was harmony's great idea; she would ask her mother if by any chance she could help luke get hired. however, that also required her to reveal to her mother that she had been hanging out with boys, and that made her nervous. but compared to how much she wanted to help luke, that inconvenience seemed minor. 

so harmony continued to wait in the kitchen eating veggies until her mother appeared through the open archway. she had a towel on her hair and wore a bath robe, on her face there was a pink clay face mask that covered her skin and she wore slippers on her feet which caused harmony to gently chuckle at her mother's current self-care state.

"having fun?" harmony sarcastically asked while she took a bite of a baby carrot as her mother opened the fridge door.

"extremely, thank you for asking." her mother retaliated, looking up to her and giving her a slight displeased expression on her face. harmony had to refrain from laughing more when her mother looked back to the fridge at how ridiculous she looked with that face mask. harmony picked up a piece of celery to shove into her mouth so a giggle didn't escape.