FOUR

the next morning, harmony woke up to the sound of a knocking on her bedroom door

the next morning, harmony woke up to the sound of a knocking on her bedroom door. she was a bit tired, looking at the time on the clock seeing it had been 8:36am, the sun was shining bright through her window and sheer curtains. but the knocking kept being consistent on her door, so she knew it was her mother.

harmony sighed quietly. "come in." she tiredly said, causing her mother to open the door. her mother looked as tired as ever, wearing her work uniform that had looked like a 50s diner waitress dress— because it was.

harmony's mother worked at a diner on melrose ave. her uniform consisted of a long pink dress that stopped at her knees with an apron around her waist. her blonde hair was tied back but with her side bangs left out.

when harmony's mother walked into harmony's room, she had her hand on her forehead and had huge dark circles under her eyes. harmony knew that her mother was hungover.

"do you have an advil?" harmony's mother asked. harmony didn't say anything, instead just gave a nod, leaning over to her nightstand to open her drawer.

harmony's mother approached as harmony grabbed the small advil pill bottle, opening it up and grabbing one out. she passed it to her mother, who stood over here, before her mother looked to see her pyjamas. she noticed that harmony was no longer wearing the satin nightgown, and instead wore a grey tank top and red pyjama shorts.

"you weren't wearing that last night, were you?" harmony's mother asked, confused, while scrunching her eyebrows.

"oh," harmony quickly panicked, realizing she couldn't tell her mom that she was gone in the night and fell into the ocean with luke. "i accidentally spilt water on it! yeah, i need to wash it." she lied but put a smile on her face.

harmony's mother sighed. "you're too careless, harmony." she said before she turned around, walking out of harmony's room and shutting the door behind herself.

harmony took a sigh of relief while she laid back down in her bed. the time was still quite early, and she still felt tired from only getting around 5 hours of sleep. she didn't arrive home until close to 3am, falling asleep almost right after.

but now that she was up, she probably wouldn't have an easy time trying to fall back asleep. the sun was shining bright into harmony's room and now she was too wide awake to even try to go back to sleep.

she sat up in her bed again, leaning with her back against her headboard, thinking about what she wanted to do on that day. her mother's shift started at 9am, like it did every weekday, and would go until 5-8pm, whenever harmony's mother felt like leaving. sometimes she even picked up double shifts and stayed until closing. harmony looked around her room to see if anything gave her inspiration of what to do with her day, before her eyes landed on her notebook with a slip of paper on top.