FIFTEEN

the day after luke and harmony's almost first kiss, luke woke up with a melody idea that he just could not get out of his head

the day after luke and harmony's almost first kiss, luke woke up with a melody idea that he just could not get out of his head. with luke, melodies typically came and went from his head, so waking up with a melody idea was not something new, but unlike many of the others he'd wake up with, this one he just couldn't forget.

so, with this melody stuck in his head from the second he woke up, lyrics came naturally throughout the day when he was recalling some of the events from the night before. but luke wasn't able to finish this song on his own, as there was many little things he wanted second opinions on. however, with bobby at school in the day and nobody showing up to the studio, he was left to struggle on his own.

that was, until, reggie showed up just over two hours before that day's band practice, and with no human interaction that entire day, luke felt he had been blessed with reggie's presence for him to be able to help with the song. reggie didn't care that much either, he loved helping luke with lyrics every once in a while when luke came to him for advice. so, reggie gave his input and helped with writing the song without even any questioning in return.

"okay, how about this for the chorus?" luke started, sliding his notebook to reggie who stood on the other side of the piano where they had been writing.

reggie carefully read the lyrics that luke had just written down, slightly humming the melody luke had showed him earlier while imagining the lyrics in his head.

"yeah, that sounds good!" reggie smiled, pushing luke's notebook back to him. luke smiled, writing just a little bit more before reggie spoke again. "can you play me what we've got so far? i just want to make sure i'm imagining it right." he requested, causing luke to look up and give a nod.

"yeah, sure." luke responded before he grabbed his acoustic guitar from where it was next to the piano.

firstly, he checked to see that all the strings were in the right tune before he started playing the introduction of the song while peering down at his notebook to not forget anything they just wrote before he started singing.

"throwing rocks at your window at midnight
you met me in your backyard that night
in the moonlight you looked just like an angel in disguise
my whole life seemed like a postcard.

you were mine for a night
i was out of my mind
you were mine for a night
i don't know how to say goodbye.
making all our plans in the santa cruz sand that night
i thought i had you in the palm of my hand that night
screaming at the top of my lungs 'til my chest felt tight
told myself that i'm never gonna be alright"

luke paused from playing for just a moment. "and then i imagine like a cool guitar solo here that we can add in later." he said while flipping the page finding the chorus and continued playing.

"you had me wrapped around your finger
i'm wrapped around your finger
i'm wrapped around your finger."