FIVE

the next morning, harmony sat on her bed, jotting down some ideas in her notebook that she had while sleeping and had to get out before she forgot them

the next morning, harmony sat on her bed, jotting down some ideas in her notebook that she had while sleeping and had to get out before she forgot them. the time was just past 8, harmony would usually have woken up within the next little bit anyways, so the time she was up wasn't a big deal. she still wore her pyjamas, she hadn't even gotten out of bed yet. although, she wore her reading glasses that she picked up from her bedside table. harmony didn't typically wear her reading glasses, since her sight was pretty okay without them, but whenever she had a headache or her eyes hurt, she would wear them. the glasses had a transparent pink frame and the lenses were big, basically an oval shape.

she wrote somewhat messily, but her handwriting was still intelligible. right now she wasn't writing many lyrics, writing more just a melody and chords that she couldn't get out of her head. she hummed it out, trying to figure it out in her head before she needed to grab her guitar.

while writing, harmony heard a knock come from her bedroom door. she knew it was her mother, since she was the only other one in the house, but harmony was surprised at the sudden presence of her mother in the last few days, it hadn't usually been like this. but she just assumed it was one of the many phases where her mother pretended to care.

before harmony could even invite her mother inside her room, she opened up the door anyways. her mother wore her work uniform once again, since it was a weekday morning and she would be heading off to work in just minutes.

"woah, no warning?" harmony reacted, looking up to her mother at the door.

"why would you need a warning?" harmony's mother asked, crossing her arms.

harmony shrugged. "what if i was naked?" she asked, causing her mother to raise her eyebrows. harmony paused for a moment, before thinking of another thing to say. "what if i was fucking somebody?" harmony smiled.

"at 8am?" harmony's mother question, all harmony did was nod with a smile. "you shouldn't even be fucking anyone anyways. no boys are allowed in this room." she sternly claimed.

"okay." harmony sarcastically said, looking back down to her notebook. "did you need something?"

"i'm leaving for work early," she started, harmony nodded. "do you need anything done while i'm out?" her mother offered.

harmony thought for a moment. "actually, yes." she said, getting up from her bed and walking towards her closet. she opened it up, grabbing her satin nightgown that had water damage from just a few nights prior. "can you take this to the dry cleaners for me?" harmony asked, walking towards her mom and passing her the satin dress.

she looked at it. "i thought you just spilt water on it?" she referenced harmony's excuse while grabbing it from her hands.