THREE

(tw maybe? just toxic family argument, just gloss over if that makes you uncomfortable

(tw maybe? just toxic family argument, just gloss over if that makes you uncomfortable.)

(this chapter is really long but please bare with it, it's a good one.)

it was late at night while harmony sat in her bedroom on her bed wearing a light pink, satin nightgown with spaghetti straps and a lace trimming on the top and a lace trimming on the bottom as well. under the dress she wore just her underwear but wore no bra, but the dress seemed long enough as it stopped at her lower mid-thigh. she sat cross legged with her guitar laying next to her as she wrote on loose leaf pieces of lined paper. harmony had accepted her fate of losing her notebook, blaming herself not noticing it was gone way earlier. but now she couldn't do anything about it as she was home.

to get her mind off the pounds of stress and guilt she felt for losing it, she decided to write something, anything she could come up with. so while she wrote, she would write little things on her notes pages, before strumming chords on the guitar, then going back to writing.

she had been going through that process for a while, eventually hearing her mom come home late too. after the boys had dropped harmony off at home so much earlier that day, harmony noticed she had been left alone. she was left to make dinner for herself, and ended up being left home alone until past midnight. until her mother finally returned home.

it wasn't long until harmony's mother had made it up the stairs and to harmony's bedroom door, where she gave a knock.

"come in." harmony invited, not taking her attention off her pages as her mother opened the door.

"i'm home." she informed her daughter, studying harmony's current state of writing.

"yeah, i heard." harmony said, picking up a piece of paper off her lap to look at one under it before glancing up at her mother who stood in the door way, watching her.

"still writing?" harmony's mother asked her, causing harmony to nod and look back down at the lyrics. she could tell already that her mother was drunk, or at least a bit tipsy. by this point in her life, harmony was a pro at deciphering her mother's level of sobriety. it was always based on her speech, what she said, how she said it and usually her physicality. tonight was already not very good.

"yup. i mean, you have eyes, don't you?" harmony remarked, scrunching her eyebrows while writing down lyrics on her paper on her lap, before placing down the other sheet back on top.

"you get that from your dad, you know? the whole music thing."

"yeah, you've told me, countless times." harmony looked back up to her mother, who started to walk into her room, looking around at harmony's belongings.