TWO

harmony sat on one of the benches that lined the pier

harmony sat on one of the benches that lined the pier. she sat cross legged with her purple notebook in her hands, she wrote with a dark blue pen. her bag sat next to her on the bench with other little things of hers inside. she wore light blue flare jeans, for a shirt she wore a white crop top with the sleeves and collar coloured red, and for shoes she had red all star converse. but at the moment, they weren't on her feet. even though she was on the pier, not the beach, she still had her shoes off and her socks bunched up inside. she had small gold hoop earrings and her hair was just let down as it blew lightly in the breeze.

harmony wrote while sitting on the pier for a while, she never kept track of time, though. ever since she was younger, in her hometown, she always loved going to the most random public places to write things. it started just after fifth grade when she had this newfound freedom and would go wherever her heart desired. but in new york, where she was from, there wasn't many beaches in the city where she lived, so the scenery was definitely new in los angeles.

while harmony wrote lyrics in her book, she wasn't as successful at this time as other writing sessions, because quickly she became distracted by music she heard a bit down the pier. she couldn't see where or who the music was coming from, as there were many people on the pier, but the voices sounded slightly familiar, and the music was incredible. so, she did as any normal music lover would, and stopped what she was doing.

she put all her stuff into her bag, putting it on her back with just one strap, while she grabbed her shoes and carried them in her fingers. then, she followed the sound of the music down the pier. she still wasn't sure where it came from, but she knew she was getting close as it got louder, and as it got louder, the voices became more clear. the more clear the voices and the music became, the more she recognized it.

it only took her a moment to realize who it was singing, and only a moment later to find them, sat on stools on the pier playing their instruments. it was sunset curve. they didn't notice her in the crowd immediately, while luke, reggie and bobby all sat on stools playing their designated guitars, and alex sat on a cajon and played it instead of a drum kit.

lots of people were interested in the band, they always were. there were lots of people dancing, giving cash tips, enjoying the show. the crowd size fluctuated as time passed, it would get bigger, then smaller, then bigger again, and so on. harmony stayed for the entire rest of the performance, and as time went on, the crowd began to get smaller and smaller. so they decided to stop, and after they finished, there had been almost no crowd at all.

by the end of their last song, they still hadn't noticed harmony in the crowd, which was fair, as she had accepted her fate of being in the back and ended up watching while leaning up against the wooden rail opposite of them. although, by the end of their last song with the light crowd, alex noticed harmony in the back, giving her a smile when they made eye contact.