SIX

harmony sat in her room, the time already past 1pm

harmony sat in her room, the time already past 1pm. she sat on the slight ledge of her window sill, with her window cracked open the slightest bit since her windows had opened outwards. she had her knees up, and her notebook on her lap while she wrote lyrics down that corresponded with the melody she had written the few days prior.

she had already been ready for the day, wearing a white, off-the-shoulder sun dress that had puffy sleeves accompanied by a pair of white converse for shoes. she just left her hair down but curled and wore very minimal jewelry. harmony didn't know why she decided to wear a dress, the weather had been a bit unpredictable that day. at that moment it was a bit cloudy, the temperature wasn't very hot either, but harmony had still only been inside thus far in the day, so it hadn't really been a concern to her.

as she wrote lyrics in her notebook, she would stop every once in a while to look out the window. she would study the nature, the life going on outside her house, the weather, anything that would give her inspiration for lyrics. but it was a quiet little while that she was writing, there wasn't many cars driving by or much going on outside. she was home alone on an early friday afternoon, of course it was gonna be quiet around.

however it didn't take long for harmony to become distracted from her notebook. she had noticed outside her window a familiar car driving on her street, then slowing down and stopping in front of her house. it was bobby's car, she smiled at the sight of it. she hadn't been expecting the boys to show up today, but it wasn't a surprise that they were at harmony's house at this moment. she didn't expect anything less from them to show up unannounced.

even though it was bobby's car, she watched as the two front doors opened, revealing luke from the driver's side and alex from the passenger side.

it didn't take long for luke to notice harmony sitting in her window, that was the first place he had even looked. he glanced up to her window after standing up before even leaving behind the door of the car. it didn't take alex very long after luke to notice either. after luke had noticed and had his gaze fixed on harmony in her window, alex followed luke's gaze, seeing harmony in the window as well.

luke smiled when he had first noticed harmony in the window, giving her a wave, to which she returned, then alex gave one as well. harmony pushed her window further out to open it wider before luke started speaking.

"sunset curve gig tonight," he called to her, cupping his hands around his mouth to make it louder. "you in?"

harmony softly chuckled. "wouldn't miss it." she called back, closing her notebook and leaving it on her lap.

"well, good, because we're probably gonna need your help getting stuff there." alex informed with a smile, harmony chuckled once again.