ELEVEN

when harmony woke up in the morning, luke was no longer next to her like he was when she fell asleep

when harmony woke up in the morning, luke was no longer next to her like he was when she fell asleep. the sun had already risen, she could already hear the footsteps of her mother in the kitchen and the faint smell of coffee and cooked eggs filled up the house like every morning. the window was left slightly open which let in the sound of chirping birds and cars that drove on the street past harmony's house. harmony's vision slowly became more clear as her eyes adjusted to the room.

harmony's eyes were heavy, she hadn't been able to sleep too well the night before. it had nothing to do with luke sleeping next to her, she had actually felt more comfortable with him next to her, it was just her creeping fear that her mother would walk in to find both of them in harmony's bed and completely take it the wrong way.

luckily, that didn't happen. estelle had no reason to believe harmony was hiding luke in her room except for a bit of awkward behaviour, and estelle had to wake up early for a job every weekday morning, so there was no reason for her to be up that late either. but harmony's nerves still kept her from sleeping well. she would fall asleep for anywhere from 20-40 minutes before she woke again.

luke slept completely fine, though, he didn't have any trouble and obviously he had successfully gotten up and left out harmony's window in time, and it just had to be in one of the moments where harmony was actually sleeping.

when harmony woke up with luke no longer next to her, the time has been just past 7:30am. she was meant to be the boys at meg's diner for 9, which granted her a pretty good amount of time.

but harmony, being tired, had trouble getting up immediately. it took everything in her to move her duvet off her, then roll over and get up from her bed. but when she finally did, she felt slightly better from being up and active, but still she was drowsy.

the first thing harmony did when she managed to get out of bed was approach her window, pulling it fully closed. she assumed that when luke left, he left quietly and was not able to fully close the window from the branch without making noise and still keeping balance. she didn't blame him, it was hard to close the window from the branch. after she closed the window and unhooked the curtains that he had previously pinned back, letting them fall in front, she walked around to the other side of the bed and in front of her closet.

on the floor of that side of her room, she was met with her father's clothes that luke slept in before on the floor, neatly folded and left in front of her closet. harmony smiled at luke's politeness, picking up the clothes from the ground and studying them for a moment before she opened up her closet.

instead of rehanging them up or throwing them into a laundry basket to be cleaned, harmony declared that they could be used again by luke if he ever came back for a night, so she left them folded and placed them on the top shelf of her closet where her pants were usually folded up.