EIGHT

(tw: later in the chapter there is implication of an abusive relationship

(tw: later in the chapter there is implication of an abusive relationship.)

harmony sat at a table of the diner her mother worked at. she was there because that morning harmony's mother offered to serve her brunch at the diner. by now, harmony had finished her food, and her empty dishes sat at her table while she wrote in her notebook. however, harmony didn't have much inspiration at that time in the morning, it was early and all she was doing was sitting in a two seat diner booth. so she just sat there, staring at the pages that had one side blank and one side filled. harmony's pen rested atop the blank side of the page, as she had her arms crossed and leaning on the table with her chin resting on them. 

harmony was trying her hardest to think of something she could write, anything, but there was no way she was gonna be able to come up with anything related to her current songs in the environment of the melrose diner. harmony gave a soft sigh, reading over the lyrics on the other side of the page in her head, but nothing else coming to her mind. eventually even her mother came back over to clear her empty dishes.

"thanks." harmony softly said, without taking her attention off her notebook. while her mother grabbed the dishes, she studied the notebook disappointedly.

"would you like anything else?" her mother asked, causing harmony to look up at her. harmony thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"no, i should be good." harmony softly smiled, looking back to her book before her mother gave a nod and walked away with the dirty dishes.

harmony tapped her foot on the floor, trying to hum tunes and quietly sing lyrics to write down, but nothing really worked. she had a major writers block and she couldn't figure out what it had stemmed from; whether it was just the lack of new experience or just the time of day not being a very creative time for harmony. that was a fair idea, it was barely even 11am. sometimes harmony had ideas while she slept that she would wake up with and write down, but that wasn't every night, so it didn't surprise her that of all times of the day the morning was the worst for her creative flow.

but harmony still tried to figure stuff out for a little bit longer, but when nothing came to mind, she became a little more frustrated and moved her head to where her forehead rested on her forearms still laying on the table. harmony took a moment and a few deep breaths before she lifted her head back up and started flipping back through her notebook to her older songs and filled pages. harmony was nearing the end of her notebook, there was probably room for about 20 more songs to be written, so there were many filled pages between when she had bought the notebook when she was 13 and now when she was 17. harmony wrote a lot, so it was surprising that her notebook had lasted four years. however, harmony had bought a few notebooks together at the time of purchase, so she had already been through and filled a couple before this one, mostly being her songs from when she was 13-15.