TWELVE

friday came faster than expected, and without any warning, sunset curve was getting ready for their gig at darry's pub

friday came faster than expected, and without any warning, sunset curve was getting ready for their gig at darry's pub. it was quite a nerve-wracking performance since this was one of the first times the band was playing in a real club. they had their work cut out with trying to get a gig there, being a bunch of 17 year olds and all, but as hard as it was to convince the club owner to book a bunch of teenagers to play, she came around and eventually gave them the spot as long as they agreed to not tell anyone. but this was their first performance where they would primarily perform in front of adults and everyone in their audience was gonna be over 21 (except for those who were able to get in with fake IDs).

all their other gigs had been at restaurants and open mic nights and such, but this was where they were finally starting the hollywood club scene— which took them one step closer to venues, especially the orpheum. it felt like they were stepping up in the world of music. all their dreams were coming closer to coming true, and surely the hollywood club scene could help them book a gig at the orpheum, right?

but despite the tense nerves in the air about something going wrong, the band pushed those aside and attempted to view it as just a normal gig, just like all their others. except for the fact that they had a special guest joining them on stage tonight: harmony lovejoy.

the boys added finally free to the setlist, then inevitably had to take another song off to save their time, and harmony had agreed to perform it with them since she wrote the song and had a very important part on it. so in the morning before the set, the band had spent more time rehearsing finally free with harmony than they did on their own setlist. but it was okay, since the boys had already played all those other songs plenty of times, they really just needed to focus on finally free before performing it that night.

it took them a few hours to recap and tweak the song a bit more, but then they had finally got everything right, then again and again. so before they could wear themselves out on the song, they decided to stop and ride the high of finishing it before the band continued to get prepared for their gig.

the day went by as quick as it came, and before they knew it, the band was piling into bobby's van with all their instruments when the time hit 5. then off they went to hollywood.

the sunset curve set at darry's pub was scheduled from 9pm-11pm, which seemed like the perfect time. harmony knew that by the time she got home it would be cutting very close to her curfew, but she had warned her mother beforehand that she would be filming the performance and had to go along with them, that being the reasoning as to why she may arrive home late.

estelle wasn't phased by the information, luke had told her earlier that week that the band was performing at darry's and estelle just assumed already that harmony would be tagging along. she was nervous for the well-being of her daughter, but more about her own actions than anything that could've happened to her, but she let it slide this one time.