Chapter 26

There was a deathly silence in the air despite the number of people waiting outside the operation theatre. The quietness, which carried silent cries and prayers blanketed the place. Gulf patiently sat there waiting since the past few hours. He stared at the girl sleeping on his lap as he gently ran his fingers through her hair. It was paining for him to see their usually bubbly princess, tired with dried stains of tears on her face. It was eleven at night, it had been more than three hourse since they had taken Mew inside. Doctors had assured them that everything would be fine, but those words failed to sooth his pain. He turned towards Ethan, just a glance at him and Gulf knew what he had to do. Phi Tong, will you please stay with Emma? Tong placed Emma's head on his lap, taking care not to wake her up.

Ethan, look at me baby....Gulf whispered... Daddy is gonna be fine, alright. He knows we need him and so he will fight for us. Ethan still remained silent. Do you think Papa is weak. Ethan shook his head in denial. I know you are trying to be strong for me and princess, daddy would be very proud of you. Ethan looked at Gulf expressionless. Gulf lifted the boy and placed him on his lap and hugged him, tight. I want you to know that crying at times like these doesn't make you weak. You saw me crying before and i am still crying ..so let it out my boy. As he finished speaking Gulf felt his shirt getting wet, he held his son tight and cried along with him. " I know dad will be fine... he has to be..... but I am scared." It's okay Ethan, I am not different from you either. Gulf could hear hiccups in between his cries. Mild offered a glass of water and Gulf muttered a thanks as he took the glass and made Ethan drink from it. Soon ethan dozed off to sleep in Gulf's embrace.

One hour passed and Gulf was becoming restless, he just wanted to hear that his phi is fine and nothing more. At that moment doors of theatre opened as if his prayers were answered, Gulf looked at the doctor eagerly, he felt his insides trembling. " His bones in both right upper and lower limbs was fractured and right shoulder was dislocated, thankfully his ribs and spinal cord hasn't suffered any major injuries. His head inury also seems to be of a mild trauma, but we can only confirm when he regains consciousness. We have done our best, he will be shifted to ICU soon, for now he is out of danger and let's wait for him to wake up." Gulf sighed in relief as he heard the doctor's words. He thanked the doctors and God for returning Mew to him.

" Gulf... chances of Mew waking up at night is less, so why don't you go home and come back tomorrow morning, I will stay the night here." Tong said. No phi... I am not leaving, I can't phi.. His words stuttered. " I can understand.....but think about kids. They have not eaten anything since afternoon. Listen to Phi Tong, let's go home for now so that you three can eat something, freshen up and get some rest. I promise to get you here early morning, Mild spoke supporting Tong's words. Phi Tong you can go back home, phi Pufai would be waiting for you, just take the kids with you. I am not leaving this place until he opens his eyes. Both Tong and Mild didn't force him any further, they woke the kids up, initially both Emma and Ethan refused to leave with Tong and it took Gulf a lot of effort to convince them to leave, promising to get them here in the morning.

Tong and the twins left soon after Mew was shifted to the ICU, while Mild stayed with Gulf, even though the latter insisted him to leave. Mild tried to make Gulf eat, which the he kept refusing. " Gulf I am very sure Phi Mew wouldn't want you waiting here for him to wake up on an empty stomach, just eat a few mouths that would be enough." Finally Mild's attempts to make his friend eat was fruitful. I should have taken it more seriously, my guts told me something wrong would happen. " Gulf, who do you think you are superhuman? Everything in the world is not in our control. Certain things can never be avoided, they are bound to happen when it's time." But what if...Gulf stopped in the middle, his eyes once again brimmed with tears. I was scared.... for a moment I thought I would loose him. I know I shouldn't have had such negative thoughts, but I couldn't help. We have just started our life.... Mild pulled Gulf towards him, " Shhh.. it's okay. He is gonna be fine. Just a few months rest and then he will be back on his feet." Sometimes talking to your best friend is all you need to calm down, and it was not different in Gulf's case.

Hours passed, Mild settled down for a quiet doze while Gulf fought his drowsiness as he didn't want to be asleep when Mew wakes up. Each and every time someone would exit from the ICU he would hope they have something to tell him about Mew. Once again the doors of ICU opened and this time he saw a nurse rushing out, he didn't even get the time to ask her about Mew and then he saw her returning with the doctors. With every passing second his anxiety was hitting it's peak, it had been just few minutes since they went in, but for Gulf it seemed like hours. He couldn't bring himself to sit and hence he stood up with his eyes fixed on the doors. "Gulf.... what happened?" The doctor has been inside for sometime now, why is he not coming out." If he comes out, do you know how to treat Phi Mew?" Gulf glared at Mild...." Let them do their work, they already assured us he is out of danger, so come and sit here." Mild didn't give him time to argue pulling Gulf down to the seat beside him.

Mew felt his eyelids heavy, they flickered as he struggled to open them. He took a glance of his surroundings, it took him a while to realise where he could possibly be. He felt his whole body aching and his head heavy. He saw the doctor along with a nurse approaching him. " I see you are awake." What...happened to me? His voice was hoarse, he felt a pricking sensation inside his dry throat as he spoke. The doctor signalled the nurse to give him water. " You were brought here this afternoon after you met with a road accident. All your vitals seems stable, that's a good prognosis. For now take rest, will talk later." He wanted to ask more, but he found himself going back to sleep and he couldn't fight it.

Gulf rose from his seat as he saw the doctor back. " He was conscious for a minute and his speech and vision seems to be normal, he is asleep, he would be fully conscious after two or three hours." Can I see him? "Of course Mr Kanawut, just take care you don't wake the patient." Gulf looked at Mew, in fact his eyes were only on the man lying there and nowhere else. Once again his vision blurred, he could feel the wetness of his tears on his cheeks. This is not how he wished to see his man, covered in bruises, bandages and surrounded by machines but still he has no right to complain, he was fortunate to get him back. His hands were itching to touch his lover, but at the same time he was scared that his touch could bring the other pain. He stood as close as he could to Mew. Phi Mew.... You scared us..... this time I am not letting you go. Let the kids come, we will give you an earful. I will let you sleep for now.

Tong and Pufai along with the kids came in the morning. The twins ran towards Gulf and clung onto his waist. Gulf hugged and kissed them on their foreheads. Daddy was awake some time before and we will see him once he is awake again. " Did u speak to him." Yes princess, I spoke to him, but I doubt he heard me as he was sleeping. I said him we are going to give him a good scolding for making us worried. Emma nodded her head agreeing with him. Phi Tong, Thank you for taking care of them. " Gulf they are my niece and nephew, so don't you dare mention that. " The patient is awake and has asked for his family." A nurse informed them as they were talking.Gulf thanked the nurse and entered along with the kids.

He saw Mew looking intensely at them. Emma and Ethan slowly walked towards Mew, who was smiling at them through his pain. Their little eyes were filled with tears and this time Ethan didn't stop himself. " Daddy.." They called out, their words stuttered and barely audible. Mew felt helpless, he wanted to console his children, hold them but he was helpless. Shh don't cry see daddy is fine. You know I cant stand your tears. "Stop lying dad, we know you are not fine, we can see you are in so much pain." Ethan said. I am sorry, you had to see me like this, but I promise to recover soon. " Get well soon, you know I don't like hospitals." I know princess. Gulf realised Mew was in distress and yet he decided to cover it up in front of his kids. I will take them outside. Come let's go, daddy can't speak for a long time. Gulf smiled at Mew, who smiled back at him.

It was Tong's turn to meet his best friend. " You are stronger than I expected man." Of course... You can't get rid of me that fast, not even in your dreams. Tong chuckled. " With your present condition you might have to stay here for at least a month, you don't worry about anything else we will manage everything for you.I will take my leave, take care. Tong was about to leave when Mew called him. Tong....Who was that young man , who just came inside with the kids?

Back again with another update, this is more like a filler. I was kind of confused what to write and then when I decided on the plot I got sick, so again the updated got delayed, sorry for that. Hope you all will enjoy reading and I was really overwhelmed by your response to the previous chapter. Writing taught me one thing" Even small things can give us a lot of happiness." Your every comment, every vote makes me so happy and also boost up my confidence. As I always say Thank you to each and everyone of you.❤❤❤