Chapter 33

At times we don't realize that things which might seem trivial to us, would mean the whole world to someone else. That was the case with Mew, for him not remembering a seven months of his life wasn't a big deal until he knew that those seven months were not just his own but it belonged to the other young man too. If he wouldn't have seen the latter breaking down in front of him, it would have been difficult for him to believe that he got so deep in that relationship in such a short span of time. Knowing himself very well Mew was wise enough to conclude that if Gulf was able to able to break a decade long solitude of his, then the latter indeed had something special in him. Even though he had asked Gulf time till their engagement anniversary, he knew he couldn't simply wait for his memories to pop up doing nothing.

He had been attending online counselling and therapy sessions as per his doctors advice since that day, without letting the other know. He learned from his therapist that he wouldn't be able to recollect hundred percentage of his memories, only the deeply ingrained one could be regained. That piece of information made him disappointed, but then he consoled himself telling it was better than getting back something than being totally blank.

Seeing how emotionally overwhelmed Gulf is, Mew knew his efforts were not in vain. At that moment Mew was aware they both needed something more intimate than few words. All his actions from then were spontaneous, he felt the kiss they shared lighted the soul in him, may be that's uniqueness of a soulmate's touch. He felt a sudden ache as flashes of memories gushed through his head, which caused him to pull back. Phi..... Gulf called with panic evident in his voice...I am okay.... It happens at times when I try to remember things... Phi... all these happened and you didn't let me know. What should I do now? Should I call the doctor...

Gulf....it's okay....How would I tell you when I know this is how you going to react. Phi Mew.... Mew smiled and gently wiped the tear stains on latter's face, ruffled his hair and pulled him closer. Gulf wound his hands around Mew's waist with his head on the former's shoulder, they watched the sunset together with a beautiful silence enveloping them.

Nong... with this sunset, our dark days have come to an end too. To answer your first question, my memory is not completely back and I don't think I would get them back too, I just remember some here and there. Does that matter to you Gulf? As long as we love each other won't that be enough?

Phi....all that matters to me is you. With you by my side, we have a full life to spent together, watching our kids grow we too can grow old together. What if we face something similar again? Life will not always be a bed of roses, some hurdles then and now are sure to come, so we will face it together.

Gulf....Thank you for being patient with me, thank you for not letting me go. I don't know what future holds for us, one thing I am sure about is I love you and the coming days could be as worse as it could be but I want to spent them with you. Do you know what was the first memory that came back to me? Gulf shook his head. Mew smiled at Gulf with a pinch of naughtiness evident on his face. It's for you to guess, the time is yours.

Gulf was excited. Our first meeting? No... First kiss? No.... Ahh... our first time? What first time Gulf?Phi you know what I mean? There are a plenty of first times Gulf....Like the first time you cooked for me, the first time we fought, our first date...more of a family outing though or....did you mean.Mew leaned closer towards Gulf's ear and whispered the first time you called me daddy...

Gulf's eyes widened as shades of pink spread all across his face.... Phi Meww.. Mew burst out laughing as he saw the latter all covered in pink. The first memory I got back was about the moment when I realized, you made my family complete, the moment when my children accepted you as their father, the moment when Emma called you papa. I will cherish every second of it till my last breath, that's the most memorable day in my life.