Chapter 18

Hey, how do I look?
You look stunning phi... Said Gulf trying hard to hide his smirk.
I am serious Gulf, tell me do I look descent. It's not like I am trying to impress your parents....
Mew couldn't complete as Gulf interrupted.
Yeah... I know, you don't want them to think you are indecent. Phi.. You have told this atleast five times in the past one hour and do you know this is the eighth dress you have tried.

Gulf burst into laughter as he finished talking, he had tried hard not to, but at the end he gave up.
I am sorry phi .... I didn't mean to. It was kind of fun to watch the cold CEO all nervous and restless.

Mew glared at Gulf and then sat on the bed pouting.
You don't understand Gulf, I have not done things like this in my life. Think about this, I am straight away asking permission to get engaged to you and the funniest part is I am not even your boyfriend.

Relax phi... everyone has a first time in everything . Like you suggested, we will tell them the truth, so there are chances that they might get impressed by your honesty. You are a whole package phi. Who wouldn't like to have a rich, successful handsome, very talented, well mannered son-in-law.

Mew still wasn't convinced.
Phi.. Let's clear it now.. tell me about all your what ifs.
Gulf you are just 24 and I am 30 with twins, which parents would want their son to take huge responsibilities at a young age and that too when we doesn't know the future of our relationship.

Phi convincing my parents is not your part to do, leave that to me. All you need to do is accompany me, talk to them as the gentle man you are.
Gulf held Mew's face in his palms which caused Mew to stare at his face.
"Do you have any idea about how cute you look pouting. Sshh... I didn't finish,If at all my parents disagree, you will never change your decision. You cannot step back after asking me to wait for you, do you get my point Mr CEO. "

Mew sensed the seriousness in the young man's voice. He never knew that this naive and gentle man, in front of him, had a powerful side to him.
Gulf slowly sat on Mew's lap with his hands around the latter's neck.
" Before we go you need to know that it's just you who is confused and not me.
Mew was bewildered both by his actions and words.

Gulf leaned closer to Mew's ears. The latter felt the younger male's warm breath on his ears.
" I like you phi... " He said in a hushed voice, just enough for Mew to hear, but there was sincerity and certainity in it.
Before Mew could speak Gulf got up from his lap and walked towards the door, "I will wait for you downstairs".

Once he was out of the room and made sure that door was closed, Gulf sighed heavily. His legs were jelly like, he patted himself for boldly letting his feelings out, without messing it up.
He was still not ready to hear Mew's reply, fear of rejection engulfed him from within.

Meanwhile Mew sat dumbstruck for an initial few seconds. Gulf's sudden confession shook him from inside. He knew he will have to give a reply soon, if not today, some other day.
"Am I ready for it?"
All his worries about meeting Gulf's parents vanished right away after he heard those words that fell from Gulf's mouth. He let it aside as he has a big task to complete today.

Gulf was biting his finger nails, pacing back and forth downstairs. Even though he had confessed in full swag, now he was all nervous and excited at the same time. Mew who had witnessed this from upstairs chuckled at the immediate change in Gulf's attitude.

"Do you have any idea how cute you look like this? " Mew teased in the same tone Gulf used on him back in the bedroom. Gulf stopped pacing at Mew's voice.
"Oh.. You are ready..... then let's go. You are driving Mr CEO. "
"Gulff... "
I know phi... you are not ready... just forget what I said..But phi.. I don't regret what I said... I really like you... But see... you don't need to like me... But that doesn't mean.... Mmmm....