Chapter 32

Bold: Mew      Italics: Gulf

A four months back if someone said Mew that walking on his own legs would give him so much happiness, he would have laughed at them. But not today.... Finally he could walk on his own, he need clutches though, but it's much better than being dependent on another person. Mew felt more independent and also he was glad he could reduce Gulf's burden a little. But no matter how hard he tries to convince his family that he is fine, neither Gulf nor his kids would let him do any sort of work. When he said he wanted to rejoin his office, it was a big no from everyone and also he got refused when he offered to help in the kitchen.

It was really boring for Mew to spent the whole day doing nothing, he wasn't someone like that. There were times when he badly wished to have a holiday, but now all he want is to go back to work. How long can someone kill time reading or watching television. He couldn't stand the boredom any more and decided to find where others are.

" Phi.... you could have just called me if you needed something. You walked all the way here." Gulf asked as he saw Mew in his clutches walking into the kitchen. Gulf.... why do you panic for small things? It's not like I walked all the way from city to our house, it's just a few steps. I see you are making lunch, how about I help you in cutting the vegies. My hands are perfectly fine now. No phi...it's alright. I can manage, there is nothing much to do anyways. If you feel stuffed up in the room why don't you rest for some time on the sofa. Mew didn't argue back as he know it was pointless to do so.

He just walked here and there in the living room, before settling on the sofa. I am sure my bum would turn flat if this cycle of sitting and laying down continues for another week. Mew said to himself. He thought of looking if the kids are downstairs, he is still not confident to climb stairs, and if at all Gulf sees him doing so, the young man would suffer a heart attack. To Mew's luck he found Emma and Ethan playing in the garden. Hey! Let me join in. " Dad...are you trying to get us scolded by papa. Let's say we let you play, what if the ball hit you somewhere or what if you fall down." I could simply get up dusting off my pants Ethan, you need to lend me your hand though. " Dad Ethan is serious when he said that." From where did you get the idea that I was joking. I was serious too. The siblings sighed deeply. " We are sorry dad, we can't take risk, and what are you doing here you should be resting now." Mew just walked back not replying to Ethan.

The family of four sat around the dining table for lunch. Gulf noticed something odd about Mew, the latter was unusually silent. Phi Mew....are you feeling tired or sick. Mew shook his head. Then why are you not eating. Oh! Can I. I didn't know that. I though you would say I shouldn't eat. Phi...what are you saying? Why would I tell that? Isn't that what you always say, tell me when did you even say yes to anything I said in the last two weeks. I thought eating is a process which needs a lot of movements, what if my hands break off while feeding myself, or what if my tooth fall off while chewing. It's not good for my health. Why don't you tube feed me, so that I will lay all my life in bed, I will never move around. Gulf was speechless and so were the twins. Mew walked back to his room without touching his food.

Mew felt bad for being rude to them, but he need to let it out. They need to know how he feels. He felt a presence in his room. Please...whoever is it go away. I am scared I would say something which I can never take back. Phi......I am Sorry. What are you sorry for? Gulf looked at Mew helplessly. Gulf...you claim to love me and at the same time you fail to understand how I feel.

Mew's words really hit the latter hard. Phii. Gulf whimpered...How would I know if you don't tell me. When did you ever let me speak Gulf...all you have said is " Phii...don't do that... take rest phi... lie down there"...you didn't even let me work from home. It's not just you, nobody asks me what I want to do other than lying down.