Chapter 13

Mew's POV

I knew my best friend was crazy, but it's now I know that his brain was beyond repair. "WTH Tong is this your brilliant idea.This is all you could come up with those genius brain of yours.I still don't understand what could go wrong if we just deny the rumors.We are not the first one's to be linked in such false rumors."
I rarely get angry at Tong but this time he said it as if getting engaged is the most simple thing one could do.
"Ofcourse not, but I am sure that you both are the first ones caught having a great family time together when you are not one and that's not it you both had to look at each other as if the world consisted of just you and him and everything else around you both were just air, when you both are not even boyfriends.
Wait tell me first what are you both are you friends, boy friends? Then how are you going to explain what the CEO and brand ambassador was doing outside with the twins on a weekend.?"
Tong shouted back at me, I have never seen him this angry , the last time I saw him like this was when I told him I got his sister pregnant.

Realisation hit me at my bestfriend's words, who was Gulf to me and my kids, we just met a week ago, if you think in that way then he is just an acquaintance not even a friend.Then why is he different? Why I feel so confortable around him to the extent that I showed him my most vulnerable side that even Tong haven't seen.
"Please will you both calm down, we have already so much to deal with,you don't need to add more."
It was the first time Pufai spoke today.
Mild you are his manager, aren't you supposed to do something?
"Mr Mew I think phi Tong's idea is a good one,it's not like you have to engage for a lifetime it's just a matter of one year."
I knew somehow partly I was responsible for this if I hadn't invited him to entertain my kids then we wouldn't be having this discussion now.
"If you or Gulf could come up with a better idea than ours then you are free to tell." It was my best friend again.
Gulf can we have a talk just you and me.Gulf nodded his head.We will be back soon untill then you guys try thinking some other ways too.
I took Gulf to my room upstairs.I knew he was upset.He was silent throughout the conversation.
"I am sorry phi...It's my mistake..."
No stop blaming yourselves we both were equally careless.What is important is we need to do something to clear your image.
"Why do we need to do that phi.I have not done anything wrong and those who really love me knows that too."
You are right Gulf, those who are loving you are doing their best to defend you, so don't you think it will be unfair to them if you choose to sit idle.You are going to prove all your haters wrong, not for you but for your fans.If getting engaged is the only way then we will do it Nong.We will get engaged.

Gulf's POV

I was taken aback by what Phi Mew said, seeing how he reacted down there I never expected this from him. Phi....you don't have to do this..."Gulf it's not like I am sacrifising anything for you, I have nothing to loose due to this."

But Phi we are faking something like this to prove myself, don't you think it's absurd.I can't do that Phi, my conscience wouldn't let me do it.
"Nong you saw those viral pictures, we were just being ourselves, no moments spent yesterday were fake.We just need to continue like how we are now, the only difference would be we will have to wear rings.I promise you that if we are getting engaged for that one year , neither me nor you would be in any other relationship,with that there will be no place for guilty conscience."
I patiently listened to Phi Mew, what he said would be easy for him but not for me, I am afraid I would never be able to break it off with him after one year.But then I will never get a chance like this again, what if I can make him fall for me in this one year, even if I fail still I will have so many memories to cherish, I can't help but be selfish for now.
"Phi let's get engaged."

We went down to find others looking at us eagerly." What did you both decide" asked Mild.I know he is stressed more than me, as my manager he is the one who is answerable." You just need to pick up a date nong Mild" Phi Mew replied.
" That's great now please settle down let's continue.First thing this should not leave this room with an exception of one person, Mild you can tell your boyfriend.Everyone else including our families and twins should just know that you are getting engaged." Phi Tong said.But one thing still worried me.
"Gulf are you thinking about Emma and Ethan?".It was like Phi Pufai read my mind."Gulf they really like you so I am sure they will accept you and if you are worried about what will happen after one year, tell me will you love them less once you break off the engagement?" Noo Phi I will still love them." Then that's it.No worries." Saying that she smiled at me.Phi Mew called the twins down to talk.
" Emma and Ethan what do you think about Phi Gulf being a part of our family?" I know the twins like me, but I am really scared about how they feel about this.

"Dad are you adopting Phi Gulf ?" Ethan asked.Both Phi Tong and Mild started laughing while Phi Mew glared at them to stop.If the situation was different, I am sure even I would have laughed.
"No Ethan......it's I and your phi Gulf are.....I mean we are getting engaged.Shock was eviedent on both their faces, it's not something that I didn't see coming. I know they will need time. But they are being silent a little longer than excepted." Phi are you free tomorrow." It was Emma who spoke first .I really don't know why is me being free relevant at this moment.I still answered her I have not checked my schedule princess."Phi Mild is he free?"
"Aww....let me check....I am sorry he has a photoshot in the morning and has to listen to a new script in the evening."Then cancel the evening schedule.." Now we all were confused. " Why princess?" Phi Mew asked. "Dad it's annual day in our school and no matter how busy you are everyone in the family must attend , Pop's rule and it has never been broken. So it is obvious that Phi Gulf has to be free in the evening" It was Ethan who replied. I can't explain what I am feeling now. To be frank I don't know how should I feel, my happiness knew no bounds, the twins have accepted me as their family.

Phi Mew sent the children back to their room."Gulf I have asked Boat to bring some of your clothes and other things." Why would you do that Mild I had already planned to return to my condo with you. "Gulf don't you think your condo is too small for your would be fiance and kids, so it's better you stay here and after announcing your engagement we will get rest of the things you need."
" Yes I agree with Mild, infact I would suggest you both share a bedroom, when I say bedroom that includes the bed too no sleeping on couch, if you ask me why... one thing if you sleep in separate room that would confuse the kids, second Gulf is an actor but Mew is not so you both better get used to each other and practice some skin ships and ofcourse try to learn about each other, remember no matter what you have to spent one year together if you want we can have a written agreement." Phi Tong said.I and Phi Mew agreed that we don't need a written agreement.

Author's POV

Everyone left Mew's house after having a late lunch.Tong, Pufai, Mild and Boat decided to have a little discussion of their own somewhere outside."Tong what do you think will this work out?"Pufai asked." I hope so if this won't then nothing else will. replied Tong.

"Yes Phi Tong is right, this has to work, I hope my friend become a little selfish this time and try something to make Mr Mew fall for him.Phi Pufai I was really scared when you said you overheard me and Gulf talking, I could feel relaxed only when you sais you and phi Tong want to help me to get Gulf and Mr Mew together."
I think untill now everything worked very well I even had to lie about my perfectly healthy father being hospitalised.With this unexpected news of pictures going viral it was a great turning point in our plan.

"Yes Boat when I suggested Mew to take Gulf along with them to cheer up the kids I just wanted them to spend time together, but I never expected this, it was a bonus. I lied to him about the holidays otherwise I was sure he would ask us to tag along with them.But what Mew doesn't know is I have already placed two CCTV's at his home."
" What do you mean phi?" Mild asked
"Who do you think gave me the idea of taking Gulf out, ofcourse it was my beautiful nephew and niece.See how well they managed today I am so proud that they have inherited their uncle's acting skills.
But Mild we need to do something about Joi when the time comes, for now he has benifitted us...