wash away my sins

Sometimes I wish I could wash away down the drain.

Watch as the memories, the nightmares, the trauma and the sufferings slowly made their way into the tiny hole in the tub.

I wish I could forget the way your hands roamed my body without permission, and the way I still can't wear that pattern from the skirt because it triggers the ghost of your touch.

I wish I could wipe away the years of emotional abuse I suffered from my parents. The kind of words that seem to haunt my mind no matter what I try to fill it with. The way I never seem to measure up in anything I do, because they ruined the part of me that believed I could.

I want to see the dirt and grime of my childhood slowly swirl around in circles, leaving traces in the white tile it slid past.

I want to forget people that hurt me in the past, the people who I thought I could trust but only ended up stabbing me with my own knife instead.

I want to watch the life I lived stream out of my eyes and fall into the basin below, leaving nothing behind in its wake.

I want to watch my world crumble, I want to watch it break-down and find peace in the channel underneath.

I want to watch as I wash away, slowly making my way down the drain.