dear first love,

dear first love,
you told me that you hate the way it snows so much where you live, so i hope its sunny.
i hope you got to sleep in today, and watch your favorite movie.
i hope you made breakfast for your dog, and kissed her,
reminding her that you love her like i used to make you do 7 times a day.

dear first love,
i hope you slept well, because sleep is so important.
i remember you telling me that my voiced soothed you to sleep and it made you feel safe when i was there.
i hope you still feel safe.
i hope you don't have much to do today, because we all need a resting day.
i hope you don't have a schedule and you can choose to do what you want- which is probably eating a lot of cheese and smoking weed.

i hope your mother is good and your sister is well. i hope you're well too. i hope your tattoos are healed, along with your heart about the girl who left a few years ago.

dear first love,
i hope when you touch her, you do it for you. i hope you touch her gracefully and softly like i once thought of you touching me. i hope you smile and you find passion in her eyes when you least expect it. i hope you not only touch her body, but i hope she touches your soul. i hope you bodies intertwine and your mind does the same.

i hope you quit smoking. i remember your cough and how it was repeated often.

dear first love,
i hope you are happy. happier than usual. i hope you see the sun and say thank you, because it wasn't guaranteed. i hope you find happiness in your breath and in your eyes. i hope happiness finds you.

—a.r.w.