The Second Task

A few weeks after the Yule Ball Hermione and Harry were walking together, with her trying to convince Harry to work up the courage and ask Elizabeth to be his girlfriend. After they come up with nothing other than 'be yourself' and 'trust me she likes you', She says she is going to the library to try and help with his task.

But he were stopped by Cedric in the halls.

"Hey Potter."

"Cedric." Harry said a little confused

"How are you?"

"Spectacular." Harry replied sarcastically. How was he supposed to feel? He had fought a dragon, took Elizabeth to the Yule Ball but was interrupted when he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend, and he can't figure out the stupid egg.

"Look I realise I never really thanked
you properly for tipping me off about
those dragons."

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me."

"Exactly." Cedric replied but you could tell that hr was lying. He has so much pressure on his shoulders because of his father wanting him to win. He couldn't afford to help the other competitors. But if he didn't it's be going against his morals. "You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?"

Harry nods. What about the bathroom?

"It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water."

After Harry received the clue from the egg he quickly wrote it down in order to not forget. He told the others about it the next day in the library.

"Harry, tell me again." Hermione insisted as she attempted to determine the words. Elizabeth was thinking as well.

"Come seek us where our voices sound." Harry recited as he thought back to the bathroom and lightly shivered at the thought of Myrtles creeping.

"The black lake." Elizabeth spoke up slightly and Hermione nodded in confirmation. Harry continued.

"An hour long you'll have to look."

"Obvious, though I must admit potentially
problematic" Hermione replied figuring out the connection between the two clues.

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Hermione?" Harry spoke sassily and Elizabeth had to bite her cheek not to giggle slightly at the comeback but Harry saw her smile a little and he gleamed at her.

"Look Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out." Elizabeth reassured while placing a hand on his shoulder.

Fred and George walk into the library which was rare. When would they be caught dead in one? They walked towards the quarter and Fred immediately hugged Elizabeth as they knew they haven't seen each other recently. George had ruffled Ron's hair then joined the hug. After they quickly remembered why they were here.

"Oh yeah! Professor Mcgonagall would like to see you guys-"

They all began to stand

"Not you Harry or Ron just Hermione and Lizzie at Dumbledores office." George finished for Fred

"But the second task is only hours
away and..."

"She seemed urgent."

"I guess we should go, good luck Harry." Hermione said and gathered her stuff while Elizabeth said her goodbyes.

"Good luck if I don't see before you go tomorrow Harry." Elizabeth said before quickly hugging him and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Bye guys! Love you!" She called as she quickly grabbed Hermione and they made their way out of the library.