book three; chapter two

TW: mentions of attempted r*pe and sexual assault (with all the people in the Port Mafia, there has to be someone stupid enough to be a horrible person (they all technically are pretty bad with murder aNd all))

"Morning Y/N-chan!"

You turned your head to see Dazai across the hall, walking towards you. You had a pile of paper in your arms, and were carrying it to Mori's office. "Morning Dazai-san," you smiled. "You seem quite chipper today."

He caught up to you, and once he did, you began walking forwards again. "I finished the book you gave me yesterday. It was wonderful!"

"I'm glad you liked it. You can keep it if you'd like," you offered. "Did you learn any new ways to kill yourself?"

"Oh, yes, chapters 27 to 35 were new ways I've never heard of. They involve a bit of pain though, so I probably won't try them."

"Well, good thing then, you get to live a bit longer. I heard you made a friend yesterday?"

Dazai slouched, pouting slightly. "He's a little brat. Nothing like you, Y/N-chan."

"I heard he was around your age. He's not much younger than you. I actually think he's older."

"Huh?!" Dazai straightened up, slightly enraged. "That little kid? No way!"

"Just by a few months," you reassured. "I'll make sure not to tell him so he doesn't get a big head about it."

"You're the best Y/N-chan," Dazai sighed. Your cheeks heated up a bit. You shook your head. "Speaking of age, Y/N, you're not older than me too, are you?"

"No, I'm a year younger," you chuckled. "I was here when you saw my- uh, the former boss was the boss, so I've been here a while."

"Ah, that's.. Interesting," Dazai commented. "Well, Y/N-chan, I have work to get to unfortunately. If you discover any other good books, please do tell."

"Of course.. You're going to go ask your new friend to join the Port Mafia, right?"

As Dazai walked away, he yelled, "He's not my friend!"

You laughed loudly, the noise bouncing off the halls.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The Port Mafia were on the war path for one man, who had made the biggest mistake of his life.

He dared to touch a cared for member of the Mafia with his about to be chopped off fingers.

You had walked back home, a look of horror on your face after the events you'd been through. The bright look on your face was gone, any trace of happiness was gone.

Dazai had been looking for you, and to his dismay you hadn't been in your room a few hours ago. When he went to ask Mori, the boss said he'd given you a break and let you go to a cafe you'd been wanting to go to for a while.

You got to go out on your own once every six months, so you tended to use every second of the day.

Dazai was more than shocked when he saw you stumbling in the hallways, staring at the ground. "Y/N-chan!" He called out gleefully, ignoring the bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. Something was off about you. But he was sure the Y/N he was seeing was not an imposter.

You didn't look up, instead opting to stop walking entirely. Dazai walked forwards, towards you, and tilted his head. "Did you get sick Y/N-chan?"

You didn't answer. Dazai looked you up, noticing an unbuttoned button on your dress shirt, a wrinkled coat over it, out of place hair, chewed up lips- there was a speck of blood as well-, and on your neck was makeup. You usually never wore makeup, keeping the pure look you had for Mori's wishes.

"Y/N," Dazai asked hesitantly. "Did you get hurt yesterday?"

You and Dazai had turned out to be good colleagues, in a year. You were the only person he seemed to talk to in a familiar way, besides new friends he'd made- Odasaku and Sakaguchi, you were pretty sure.

You shook your head, hair casting a shadow over your face. Dazai reached his hands forward to try and brush off the makeup, but you flinched hard, taking a step back with a yelp. You'd finally looked up, and Dazai took in the horror in your eyes.

"Y/N," Dazai asked, strict and serious. "Tell me what happened."

Tears built up in your eyes and you shook your head, crouching to the floor, the room spinning. "I can't.. I don't want to."

"If you don't tell me, I can't hurt the person who hurt you, Y/N." Dazai reached his hand out again and yet again you cringed away.

"It was one of the gunmen," you whispered. "They followed me to the cafe. And under the table they.. They almost"- You couldn't go on, burying your head into your knees.

"They touched you?" Dazai asked softly. You nodded your head. "C'mon Y/N, you're safe here. Let's get you to your room."

You nodded, tears streaming down your face as you slowly got up. As Dazai led you to your room, he thought of multiple ways to murder the gunman. Multiple brutal ways.

When they found the home of the man, Chuuya broke the door down. "Oi, asshole!"

Dazai found him first, in the bathroom, trying to climb out the window. He shoved his foot up the mans ass, digging his boots more to make the man yell in pain. It was horrid really, this man was on Dazai's team. Dazai had to make sure to double check all his men.

"I'm going to make you test out one of the sucide attempts in a small book I have," Dazai grinned, ear to ear, taking out his gun. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"