book one; chapter one

"𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 ℑ 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢 𝔦𝔪𝔭𝔩𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔩𝔶: 𝔐𝔞𝔫 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔫 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫."

― 𝕺𝖘𝖆𝖒𝖚 𝕯𝖆𝖟𝖆𝖎, 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖚𝖓

                                              ┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

                                            ┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

The scribbling of pen on paper made your eyes droop, and for the ink to accidentally smudge, making you inwardly groan, too tired to do it aloud. You put your pen down and threw your head back, sighing. Eyes making their way to the clock in the corner of the room, you sighed, yet again when it had already been an hour since you started writing and yet nothing would come to mind.

Stretching, you grabbed the pen again and started doodling little ideas in your small notebook. When the door creaked open, interrupting you which you were quite thankful for, you saw the messy mop of brown you loved, peeking through.

"You're up early belladonna," he chirped, somehow sounding fully awake despite looking like the opposite. "How's the novel doing?"

"Quite terribly," you muttered, rubbing your temple. "I can't think of anything... too tired."

"Mm." Dazai came up to you with a few graceful strides and nuzzled his head in your messy hair. His voice was muffled as he spoke. "You should come back to bed, the sun isn't even up yet."

"Yeah," you agreed, Dazai standing up tall and gesturing for you to put your hand in his so he could help you get up. You giggled. "You're such a gentleman."

He chuckled. "You know I'm anything but."

As he guided you to the bedroom gently, he slowly let go of your hand to get in bed, you following after. "Did you get some rest?" You asked softly, as you rested your head on the pillows, facing him.

"Surprisingly, yes," he answered. "Losing your warmth made me wake."

"I'm sorry," you whispered as you caressed the side of his face. "Have any plans for today?"

Dazai turned to face you instead of the ceiling, and held the hand that caressed his face. "Suicide."

"The usual then," you frowned, slipping your hand out from under his.

Dazai used the hand he had been holding yours with to tug at your lips, trying to make them go upwards. "If you're so upset we can"-

"No double suicide, ask another woman."

He sighed, giving up. "You know I wouldn't actually do such a thing."

You mumbled incoherent words in agreement, eyes drooping down. Dazai smiled softly. "Get some rest Belladonna."