book three: chapter three

You dragged your feet down to the café, happy to be met with the same tired behavior by other agency members downstairs. "You look tired, Y/N-san," the waitress pointed out. "Do you want the usual?"

"Yes please," you smiled, not letting it reach your eyes because you were that exhausted.

You took a seat on the counter chairs, resting your head on the counter. "It seems we're all burnt out," Ranpo commented.

"The sound of Kunikida's.. Um, productiveness isn't helping either," you yawned, before looking up at the café owner. "Do you mind if I drink this upstairs? I'll bring it back once I'm done."

He nodded. As he handed you the cup of coffee, you thanked him before heading upstairs again. "Love you Y/N!" Dazai called out, lazily, as you opened the door.

You chuckled before yawning yet again. "Love you too Osamu!"

"You two could at least stop rubbing it in our faces all the time!" Yosano called after you.

You woke up again, after being knocked unconscious. You really needed to ask Dazai to teach you how to better defend yourself; you'd been kidnapped three times in the past 2 weeks, and it was never a fun experience.

As your eyes opened you heard the man next to you sneer. You sighed, as you saw his cocky expression. You sat next to him, on a red couch, your ankles and hands tied up.

"Oh, look, the girl's awake."

You looked the man up and down before scoffing. "You guys are real dumb. The Agency could beat you with a blindfold on and their hands tied behind their back."

A man watching security tapes, looked back at the boss. "The Armed Detective Agency is on the move."

"See?" You grinned, cockily. "They've already come looking."

"They shouldn't bother," the man sneered. "In our organization, the Park, the heavier your guilt, the higher your rank. We move our hideouts every four days. Not even the international police can chase us down. Even if they found us here, we have heavily armed, violent criminals and security cameras. One phone call, and the local criminal organizations will be here right away. Also, that door. It's the heavy kind that's used in banks. A bomb wouldn't so much as tickle it." He leaned forwards, towards you, his cocky grin matching yours. "I hope you enjoy your"-

There was a bang, and you noticed cracks in the wall around the door he was bragging about earlier. "Kenji-kun!" You exclaimed happily, before the wall and door fell with a thump, revealing Kenji, as you expected, along with Yosano, Ranpo and Dazai.

"Impossible!" Your kidnapper stood up. "There's no way you could've found our hideout."

"Ranpo-san figured it out in five seconds," Dazai spoke breezily, but the words were mocking.

"Th-the security cameras?!"

You leaned forwards to try and get a good look at the security footage. Tanizaki stopped using his ability, so now you could see the fallen security, and Atsushi's menacing glare at the screen.

"We have to thank you," Dazai said, smirking with an evil look in his eyes as he looked down upon them. "You've made work interesting again."

The kidnapper took out his phone and called the other organizations he was talking about earlier. "Point a gun at the girls head, quick!" He yelled, before his call was answered.

One of the gunmen pointed their gun at you, arms shaking. It did send a shiver up your spine, but with the agency here, you were sure you were safe. "We're out!" You heard one of the organizations the man had said would help him earlier, ditch him, and laughed.

Some of the gunmen stepped back, but the one with a gun to your head stayed. "I'll shoot!" He yelled, shaking more than before.

The whir of Yosano's chainsaw, made his head turn abruptly, so abruptly in fact, that you heard a quick snap. Yosano had the chainsaw pressed up to the leaders.. Genital area. As Ranpo, Kenji, and Dazai watched with dark looks looming over their faces, you made eye contact with Dazai.

The gun was still pointed at your head. You raised an eyebrow at him, and he tilted his head slightly, eyes lidded, with a smirk. You relaxed your shoulders, and with the gunman in front of you being distracted, kicked the gun out from his hand. When he tried to grab onto you, you slid from under his legs, surprising yourself with the sudden reflex. Your taken aback nature gave the gunman an open spot, but thankfully, Kenji swiftly snuck in and beat the man up for you.

Dazai gave his hand out to you, and you quickly put yours in his, letting him pull you up and take a few steps back from Kenji and Yosano. You saw Yosano press up her chainsaw further up against the mans dick, but Dazai covered your eyes with his hand, leaving you to only hear the mans screams and imagine. 

As weird as it seemed, a small giggle left your lips. Dazai leaned forwards and rested his chin on your shoulder, hand still covering your eyes. "Something amusing you, belladonna?"

"This would be a wonderful place to propose, don't you think." 

The same amused smirk grew on Dazai's face. "You should write a romance novel belladonna."

"Maybe I'll propose next time instead," you said. Right after a man screeched. You heard Yosano's chainsaw. 

"I hope the place you choose is as lovely as this one." 

You were sure you heard blood splatter. 

a/n: i wrote this back in march, but i just had to add the ending part with the dialogue between dazai and y/n today. i'm pretty happy with how i turned out, honestly, i was a bit worried my spark for writing dazai had left