book one; chapter nine

"Samu," you giggled as you tried to pull him off of you, "Come on, we have work!"

Dazai groaned and dramatically rolled off of the bed, making you laugh, and making his chest swell with pride. You reached out for the nightstand and got your phone. "Atsushi called," you muttered as you scrolled through your texts. "Oh, he's probably found out about the roommate situation."

"I told you he'd be annoyed," Dazai said as he he sat up.

"He'll be thanking me in two years," you winked at him, making him laugh as he stood up. "By the way," you asked as he pecked your lips. "Did you meet anyone while you were kidnapped?"

From the curiosity in your tone, he could tell you were hoping he'd answer with someone specific. And he knew who that was. "No, Gin wasn't there."

You slapped his arm playfully. "You know who I was talking about!"

He rolled his eyes, mood souring. "Yes, he was there. Hasn't improved a bit."

"I'm sure he'll be better than you eventually," you smiled brightly. "How is he? Did you say hi for me?"

"May have mentioned you." You narrowed your eyes at him, as you threw your legs off the bed.

"Mentioned me in a way that would make him hate me?"

"I possible may have told him that you liked Atsushi better"-

You grabbed your pillow and threw it at him making him cower, but you saw a playful grin on his face so you threw another at him. "Now he's going to think I hate him! I worked so hard to get him to like me too!"

"Probably started disliking you when you left him with me," Dazai reasoned, making you glare at him from the other side of the bed. He picked up the pillow and placed it back on the teh head fo the bed. "And probably started hating you when you started dating me."

You groaned and walked out of the room, followed by Dazai's small, meaningless calls for his belladonna. As you fell back on the couch, still groggy, Dazai chuckled. "I'd usually be okay with you ditching work, but I think the president will need you."

You sat up, looking over at him curiously. "What for? Is something happening?"

Dazai walked over to the couch and bent down to kiss your forehead. "You'll find out soon."

He fell down on the couch next to you, grabbing the remote in one swift motion. You sat up to go make some coffee for the two of you, to get your day started. As you brew the hot drink, he whined at the sudden realization of something. "What is it honey?"

He turned around on the couch and faced you, hugging onto pillow, showing you his puppy eyes. "Can you write a small little report for me dear?"

You rolled your eyes at him- mainly to get your eyes off of him before you gave in to his puppy eyes. "I wasn't there, you have to do all that writing yourself."

He pouted. "Fine, I'll have Atsushi do it then. Would be some good work for him to do."

You handed Dazai his mug of coffee, getting a small mutter of thanks from him. You went back to the kitchen counter, to pour your own coffee, when you heard the loud yelp from Dazai. You peeked back in the sitting room with a smirk, to see him blowing his tongue. "Y/N!"

"Sorry," you aplogized, not at all apologetically.

You were using both hands to record the conversation, typing in english with your left and typing in japanese with your right. So the two men sat across from each other understood each other, you hand the laptops tilted in their direction, making you type at an uncomfortable but double angle.

You were using your ability to write, so you didn't have time to react to the guild masters surprising request to hand over the agencies gifted business permit for lots of money. As the meeting ended, you stopped using your ability and sighed once your hands relaxed.

"I'll post a message in the morning newspaper," Francis said before exiting. "Take a good look at it, old sport."