Chapter 8: Meeting Her Parents

TIMOTHY POV

"Please, Lisa, I really want to meet them," I begged her.

"Timothy, I don't really think it's a good idea," Lisa replied.

"What you said we should meet each other's parents," I said.

"No, I said I wanted to meet your parents. I never said that you should meet my parents as well," Lisa explained.

"Come, Lisa, what's so bad about meeting them," I asked.

"Well, my mom might be okay with it. My dad~

"What say it," I was so eager to hear.

"My dad is a great father, but he doesn't like it when I bring a boy over to the house," Lisa said.

"So what? I think I can handle it," 

"You sure? My dad can be intimidating at some times."

"Please, baby, just one dinner night," I said.

*Lisa groans*

"Fine," Lisa gave in. "Let me check in with my parents then."

"Thank you," I said.

"I'm doing this for you, baby," Lisa then kissed me.

TUESDAY

Today was the day that I finally get to meet Lisa's parents. Excited but a bit nervous. I hope they like me. 

"You nervous," Lisa asked me when we were walking up to her steps.

"A bit, yeah," I said with my hands a bit shaken.

"Aww, you're so cute when your nervous," we paused in the middle when she gave me a peck on the forehead. 

"What if your dad hates me? I mean, look at me," I said as I was wearing a casual flannel with ripped jeans on, my long hair dangling over the sides, looking like an emo person. 

"Just don't do anything stupid, and you will be fine," Lisa said.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Once the door opened, I looked up and saw her dad.

*gulp*

"Dad," Lisa walked up to her dad and hugged him.

"Hi honey, how are you," he said.

H~He's pretty tall, like maybe around 6'6. Just then, after they separated, her dad looked at me. His facial expression changed from happy to serious in an instant.

"You must be Timothy, Lisa's boyfriend," he said.

"Yes, sir," I said.

"It's good to meet you," he held his hand out.

I held out my hand to shake it, and when I did, he gripped on tightly—kind of hurt, to be honest with you.

"Well, come on in you too; oh, Lisa's mom is making seafood tonight," Lisa's dad said.

"Ooh," Lisa sounded intrigued. "Come, babe, my mom is making dinner."

As her dad made his way back inside, I stayed out for a bit, catching my breath.

"You okay," Lisa asked as she noticed not following her.

"Y~Yeah, I'm okay, just need to take a breath for a moment," I said, breathing in and out.

Lisa walked back down the steps to my level to comfort me.

"Baby, I know you're nervous, but trust me, there's nothing to worry about; calm down. And talk about your job at the dinner table; I think you'd impress my dad if you say you're an office worker," Lisa said, then gave me a peck on the cheek.

After regaining my breath, I walked in and followed Lisa over to the dinner table. As I took my seat and waited, Lisa went to the kitchen to greet her mom while I was busy looking around the place. So many pictures of her and her parents in her childhood. Anyway, after a while, Lisa and her parents made it all in back in the dining room, ready to eat.

"Timothy, this is my mom," Lisa said.

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Hi," she replied. "I'm so glad Lisa finally brought a boy over the house."

"Mom, jeez," Lisa nudged her.

"Yes, we are very excited," her dad said in a sarcastic tone. 

"Well, I hope you like Lobster," Lisa's mom said.

"Oh, I love lobster," I replied.

This dinner felt different. Back when Lisa was visiting my parents, Lisa was very comfortable around them. But for me, it's different. Already not even 3 bites into my food, Lisa's dad comes hammering me with questions. 

"So, Timothy, what do you do," he asked.

"I uhh.....work in an office for clothing brands, our company provides different clothing brands and startups around the city," I explained.

"Huh, not bad," he sounded a bit impressed.

"So, where do you live," Lisa's mom asked.

"I live in the city apartments," I replied.

"How much do you make," her dad asked another question.

"Okay, guys, I think you need to lay off a bit on him, "Lisa cleared me up. "Babe, you don't have to answer it."

After dinner, I helped her parents clean up the place, and they should be around the house like my parents did with me. Lisa's mom was sweet as she should me Lisa's bedroom, but I couldn't help but notice that her dad was following me around in the shadows. All I could do was nod my head every time her mom asked me something. But after it was over, I walked back downstairs to meet up with Lisa.

"You are done with the house tour," Lisa asked me.

"Yeah, and I think we should get going soon," I said.

"Okay, I'll start the car," Lisa said.

When Lisa left the house, I turned back to her parents once more.

"Well, It was fun meeting you guys," I gave them one last handshake, well, only her mom; I just waved at her dad. I'm don't want my wrist to get dislocated. But anyway, I left her house to get back in the car with Lisa.

"So babe, how was it," she leaned her head onto my shoulder.

"Your mom is cool, but~

"But?" Lisa leaned her head back up.

"You were right; your dad is pretty intimidating," I said.

"*giggles* well, I think you two will get along soon," Lisa said before she kissed me and drove back.