Chapter 18: Back Home

LISA POV

It was my time to search for Timothy. He couldn't have gone now. I tried to call him, but he wasn't answering his phone. In fact, it went straight to voicemail, didn't even ring. 

"Come on, come on, pick up," I tried for a second time. 

Timothy still didn't answer the phone. 

*throws phone up against the couch*

"Ahhhh," I yelled out.

I'm actually going to have to find him. I grabbed my phone and headed back into my car to drive around places he is familiar with. It was early in the morning when we usually start our shift at the bus stop. Maybe he's out and has started work already. I drove over to the bus stop, but I didn't see him there. Maybe he was at the cafe. So that's where I went next; I drove to the old cafe and parked my car, and headed inside. The workers were getting ready for the day as the kitchen burners were on and the chairs were down.

"Lisa," I heard a voice.

I turn around to see Jennie running towards me.

"Jennie," I said and hugged her.

I don't know how long I hugged Jennie, but she definitely missed me, and I missed her. 

"I'm so glad you're back," Jennie said.

"Yeah, same," I replied.

"So hows Youngrowe," she asked me.

"It's great, a lot of friends and co-workers there," I replied.

"So, what are you doing here."

"I'm actually trying to search for Timothy; I haven't seen him in a while," I said.

"Have you called him," Jennie said?

"I did, but his line goes directly to voicemail," I said. "Have you seen him anywhere," I asked?

"No, after you left, Timothy stopped coming here," Jennie said.

"Okay, guess he's not here then," I said, about to leave.

"Wait," Jennie stopped me. "Here, she said as she made coffee for me."

"Oh, thank you," I said and left the cafe. 

Maybe he's at work in his office. He's shown it to me once before. I drove to his workplace and parked my car upfront. When walking inside the building, I walked up to the receptionist to see if Timothy came here already or clocked in at work.

"Hello, miss," the lady at the desk said.

"Hi, I was wondering if Timothy was here," I asked.

"Okay, what's his full name," she asked.

"Timothy Jeon," I said.

As the lady was typing something on her computer, I noticed boxes coming out of the elevator and many of them.

"I'm sorry he's not in our system anymore," she informed me.

"What, what do you mean, what happened," I asked.

"Timothy Jeon was fired 5 days ago; he no longer works here," she said.

"O~Oh, okay, well, have a good day, mam," and then I left the building. 

I don't know what happened that made him get fired, but I'm not going to stop trying to find him. Anyway, as I got back into my car, I leaned my head back, trying to think of where he could've gone to. 

"The amusement park," I mumbled.

I began the ignition and drove off to the amusement park. When I got there, I began searching for him and where he could've. Hell, I might just be wasting my time; Timothy might not even be here right now. I searched everywhere, the rides, the game vendors, and the restaurant's nothing. My feet were getting tired. Dying to find a bench, I spit something to the corner of my eye. When I walked there, that's when I saw him, Timothy. 

"Timothy," I mumbled.

I was about to approach him, finally talk to him after all these months until I saw another woman walking towards him. They were smiling and hugging each other. My heart almost broke into pieces. It looks like he's moved on and found another woman. Guess I was too late. As tears were about to outburst, I ran away and drove back to my car. As I put in the car keys, I drove off back home; I didn't even care if I was speeding; I just wanted to be home alone. Immediately when I pulled into my driveway, I ran inside and went onto the couch. I grabbed a pillow and planted my head on the cushion, crying the hardest I've cried in my life. For some reason, Timothy cheating on me; somehow, I thought this was somehow my fault. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I screamed in my own house like a crazy lady.

1 WEEK LATER

For the past week, I have stayed in my house. Never went out, and if someone knocked on my door, open it and tell them to leave, without warning. I was supposed to return to work a few days ago, but I just couldn't. Luckily Jisoo said she would cover my shifts when I get back. Anyway, it was early in the morning, and I woke and began brewing some coffee. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Who could that be," I groaned.

I opened the door and saw Timothy's mom.

"Mam," I was a bit shocked to see her.

"Hi Lisa, is it okay if I come in," she asked.

"Oh, y~yeah, come in," I said.

I brought her over to the couch.

"Why are you here, Mrs. Jeon," I asked.

"Oh, it's about Timothy," she said. "I need to tell you something."

"I already know," I said.

"You do," she seemed shocked.

"Yeah, Timothy is cheating on me. I found him with another woman at the amusement park," I explained.

"Oh dear, you don't know," she said.

"W~What do you mean," I asked.

Mrs. Jeon then held both my hands tightly. And look me in the eyes—tears running down her face.

"What happened," I asked.

"Lisa darling, Timothy died 3 days ago."