Chapter 9: Relocating Work

LISA POV

MONDAY

It was a busy day at work today. This is weird. Usually, Monday is where we would get the least amount of customers; it was just workers and workers stopping by for lunch or getting a coffee cup. I even saw some teens walking in the cafe. Aren't they suppose to be in school or something? Skipping class is not cool. My hands were getting tired; I was feeling fatigued throughout the day. I just wanted it to be over. The ever so urge to faint there and now, but I kept my composure and made sure I didn't do that behind the counter in front of the customers. Finally, it was around closing time, and our last customers ordered their food. The workers began shutting off the kitchen stoves, and Jennie and Jisoo started to sweep and put up the chairs. After cleanup happened, we were about to leave when our store manager called us.

"Wait, hold up everyone, I have an announcement," she said.

"What is it Kayla," Jennie said.

Everyone stood in front of her to hear what she had to say.

"Guys, I have exciting news for you; due to the success of this cafe, I was able to get a lease to open up another place. A new location," she announced.

Everyone seemed shocked but impressed at the same time. We clapped our hands as we heard the news.

"So where is this new place in," one of the cooks said.

"The new cafe is in Youngrowe, 4 hours away from here," she said. "Now, I already went through the hiring process, and the new employees are set to that location, but I will need to transfer some of you people over to Youngrowe, to help out there. One of you will be the new manager there," she explained.

After Kayla announced the news to everyone, she then handed us envelopes, then I left. As I got into my car, I ripped the top-up to see my pay for the week and a letter.

Employee: Lisa Manoban 

We are to inform you that you have been relocated to the cafe in Youngrowe. 

Position role: Cafe Manager

You have up to 7 days to contact corporate to change your mind if you have any problems. Corporate will gladly offer someone else a job there and will terminate your contract.

From, Manager

Kayla Park

I~I don't know how to react to this; I mean store manager. That's amazing, but I'm going to have to leave for a while for work. And I just got on good terms with Timothy. Almost like we settled with each other.  Everything is happening so fast; I don't know what to tell him. I couldn't stop thinking about when I was driving when I finally got home. Maybe I should tell him now.

(TEXT)

Lisa: Hi babe, how was work