Chapter 14: The Personal Assistant

TIMOTHY POV

Today was the day that I seek something that could help me understand my illness during work. The timing was perfect since it was my day off today. Maybe Lisa isn't that busy.

(TEXT MESSAGES) 

Timothy: Morning Lisa

Timothy: Umm...

Timothy: Just updating you that I'm going to the doctor today

(END OF TEXT)

*sigh*

She's probably still busy. Anyway, I walked into the doctor's office and waited for my name to be called up. 

"Timothy Jeon," one of the nurses said.

I followed her into one of the rooms and waited for the doctor to help me. After a few minutes, the doctor walked in.

"Hello," he greeted me.

"Hi," I replied.

"And your name is Timothy," he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Well, I'm going to do my regular check-up, then you can tell me what's happening," he said.

He checked up on my leg reflexes, my sight, my ears, and my spinal to see if everything was okay, which it was.

"Alright, so Timothy, what's been happening lately," my doctor asked me.

"Well, I've been getting ill at work for the pasts couple of days. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't yet," I explained to him.

"Mmm...well, have you tried to get some sleep," he asked me. "Have you been eating well lately?"

I answered them as truthfully as I can.

"Alright, well Timothy, I'm going to do one test; I'm going to measure your blood pressure," he grabbed one of the testers and wrapped a strap around my arm. There was a ball you would pump, and every time it did that, it would squeeze your arm. Finally, after a few more pumps, the doctor was able to measure my blood pressure.

"Okay, Timothy, I have the results," he said.

"And, how did I do," I asked him

"Your blood pressure is below average," he said. "Low intake of any foods that are high in sugar, or food in general. Don't worry; this is common."

"Oh, okay," sounding a bit relieved.

"I would like to set you up with a personal assistant from here on out until your illness get better."

"Do you know who it is," I asked?

"Yes, you will be with nutritionist/therapist Ruby Follden," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"I just need you to sign these papers to agree, and your first meet-up with her will be at your house," the doctor explained to me. 

Well, I guess Yeri's curiosity was right; there was something wrong with me. Not that it's serious, maybe she can help me.

LISA POV 

"LISA, I NEED HELP WITH THIS REAL QUICK!!!" one of my co-workers yelled.

"OKAY, COMING RIGHT UP!!!"

It seems as the place gets busier and busier every day, more and more people seem to come. We might have to open up another place in a different location. To keep you up to date, I think I'm getting the hang of this manager role at the new place. Things are going smoothly, and the other employees seem to be getting the hang of this. 

*7 UNREAD MESSAGES*

TIMOTHY POV

*calling Lisa*

Come on, pick up. 

*Lisa's voicemail starts*

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. It seems like she's starting to forget something. She promised to text every day, and I promised. I kept my end of the stick; I don't know if I could say the same for her. But, anyway, today was the first meeting that my personal doctor was going to see me. Since I was still house-sitting for Lisa, I just put her address instead of mine. After a while, as I was waiting for her to come, the door rang.

"Hello," the woman said as I opened the door.

"Hi," I replied.

"Are you Timothy Jeon," she asked me.

"Yes, are you, Ruby Follden," I responded.

"Yes, I am," she said.

Then I welcomed her inside. I brought her to the living room, where she sat right next to me on the couch. Ruby had a bag, and inside it were lots of packed fruits and veggies. 

"Here you go," she said, handing me a strawberry.

"Oh, thank you," I said.

"The doctor told me you were having blood pressure problems; strawberries are high in vitamins," she said. "So tell me, Timothy, can you tell me what symptoms you've been having at work," she asked me.

"Okay, well, it started when I was doing work, and mid-day, I began to feel ill. I didn't think too much of it until the day after that; I began feeling ill. That day was coughing a lot, and when I went to the bathroom to cough some more, I coughed up some blood," I explained.

All this talking, Ruby was writing things in her little notepad that she had. Listing all the symptoms that I've been facing. 

"Okay, Timothy, I have an evaluation; this is a common illness. I would suggest getting some sleep and eating the right foods to make the illness go away," she suggested.

"Can you help me with that," I asked her?