Chapter 16: Happy 4 Months

LISA POV

It was almost time for closing for the cafe. My co-workers just got the last meal out to the customers, and now it was cleaning time. Today was a special today; I marked it on my calendar. Today was the day our cafe opened up 4 months ago. You might be thinking, why didn't you celebrate the 1st month or the other previous months. Well, we've been so busy the days just went over their heads, even mine. But today, I wasn't going to let that happen; today was the day I give my employees a little party in the cafe. You know a gift from their manager. Jisoo helped me with the drinks and snacks as we both snuck them into the kitchen. Anyway, as the employees cleaned up and put up the chairs, I went into the main dining room and called up everybody while Jisoo set up everything.

"OKAY, EVERYBODY!!" I called out.

All the employees stopped what they were doing, and the eyes all went to me.

"So, you may not know this, but it's our 4 month anniversary when this cafe opened up," I said. "And as I treat, I would like to celebrate and have a little party in the cafe room."

Everyone seemed ecstatic and began clapping and cheering. Just in time, Jisoo was able to bring in the good stuff.

"Oh, thanks, Lisa," one of the employees said, taking off his apron.

"Oh, thanks, you're the best," another employee said as she took off her hairband.

One by one, my co-workers began grabbing the snacks I got them off the cafe tables.

"I see you have a lot of friends," Jisoo nudged to me.

"What can I say? I'm the best manager in the world," I said.

"Oh shut up," Jisoo lightly hit me. 

One by one, they left the main table and went to sit with their co-workers at the tables.

"Hey, that's new," Jisoo said.

"What is it," I asked.

"In all the 4 months I've worked here, I've never seen the other employees talk to one another. It was always; they would come to you, or me since I'm the assistant cafe manager."

"Assistant to the cafe manager," I corrected her.

But Jisoo was right; I don't think I've ever seen my employees talk to each other. It was always me or Jisoo they talked to, not really to each other. 

"Oh shit," someone said.

An employee accidentally bumped into Jisoo, causing his drink to spill on him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Jisoo said.

"No, it's okay," he said.

"Hey, you're new here; I've never seen you before," Jisoo said.

"Yeah, I got hired last week; I didn't expect the 4 month anniversary to come soon," he chuckled.

"It's alright; we've also kinda forgotten to celebrate the cafe anniversary as well," Jisoo said. "What's your name," she asked.

"Oh, sorry, my name is Taehyung," he said.

"Jisoo," they shook hands.

What are you doing Jisoo, why are you playing staring contest with him. I thought you were going to help him get the stain off his shirt.

*nudges Jisoo*

"Ahem," I said.

"Oh, let me help you with that," Jisoo said to Taehyung.

"O~Okay, thank you," and then they left.

I swear if that is an origin of a love story or fanfiction of some type, I'm going got laugh my fucking ass off. Where was I, ah yes, the party? I grabbed some snacks myself and sat with one of my employees. 

"Hello," I said.

"Oh hey Lisa, thank you so much for having this mini-celebration," the employee said.

"Oh, it's nothing," I replied.

"No, but seriously, this place is busy 24/7, and sometimes I don't get just a second to take a catch my breath," they said. 

"Yeah, I know how that feels."

"But now, I actually have time to relax, check my phone, and do other stuff I haven't done in a while," they explained.

"Well, I'm glad the party helped," I said. "Hey, listen, I got to go, but if it was fun talking to you, bye."

"Bye," they waved.

By the time I went back to the back area of the kitchen, I had noticed Jisoo and that Taehyung dude coming out of the doors, and they were giggling about something. 

"Okay, bye, Tae," Jisoo said.

"Bye," Taehyung said.

*walks towards Jisoo*

"So, what happened," I asked.

"What happened," Jisoo said.

"I noticed you and Taehyung giggling when coming out of the kitchen; what happened in there? Did you clean his shirt then make out or something," I said.

"Wait, what no we didn't make out...................well n~not yet anyway," Jisoo said.

"What"

"What," Jisoo replied.

"No, what did you say before that," I asked.

"I didn't say anything," Jisoo said, keeping her head down.

*raises an eyebrow*

"Okay, if you say so," I said.

Jisoo and I then face forward to look out at the cafe, seeing the co-workers have time to relax.

"Hey Lisa, I noticed that you haven't been relaxed yourself," Jisoo said.

"Jisoo, I'm the manager; I can't relax at any time," I explained. 

"Come on, relax, I don't know the last time you smiled," Jisoo encouraged.

"Uhh, fine, I'll try to relax," I said.

"Thank you," Jisoo said.

"Like alone, I would want to relax by myself," I said.

"Oh, sorry," then Jisoo walked away.

That's when I pulled out my phone. I haven't really been using my phone for anything besides alarms, marking stuff on my calendar, or checking google to see what the news is. I haven't checked on my messages in a while to see what's up.

*12 UNREAD MESSAGES*