Chapter 13: Symptoms

TIMOTHY POV

It seems like every day my boss is giving me more and more work. And at the end of my shift, it seems like I get less and less sleep. There are some instances that I want to sleep at work, but by doing so, I don't get work done. Anyway, it was another day today; I sit in my seat and wait for someone to hand me something or something to do.

"Morning Timothy," I turned around to see my boss.

"Hey," I said, not too excited to see him.

"I need these done by the end of the day," he gave me the folder.

The work seems to get bigger and bigger.

"Boss, uhh...

"What is it," he said.

"Is there a chance that I don't have to do this all today," I pray that he gives some grace?

"No, I have to get those to my clients today," he demanded.

"But sir, this is a lot of~

"Timothy, did I stutter," he said.

I swear I want to punch him in the face.

"*groan* no, sir, I will get to it."

"That's more like it," and then my boss walked away.

HALFWAY THROUGH THE SHIFT

When it became almost 3 o'clock, I began to feel a bit ill. I thought it was something small, so I didn't think much of it until the illness kept getting worse. Some co-workers began to notice this.

"Hey, Timothy, are you okay,": Yeri asked me.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I tried to toughen it out.

"Well, it doesn't seem like you are okay," Yeri responded.

"I said I'm fine," I said.

"Well, just making sure," then Yeri walked away.

END OF THE DAY

By the end of the day, I'm the last person out of that building completing the final task that my boss handed me. I put it in the folder with the rest of the assignments and placed it in the inbox. Now, fully done for today, I packed my things and headed out of the building. When I got to Lisa's place, I fell on her couch and shut my eyes for a bit. 

"God, this day sucks," I mumbled to myself.

THE NEXT DAY

"Alright, Timothy, I have some more assignments for you to do," my boss said, handing me a bigger folder of things to do.

"Boss I~

"No complaining, just get to work," and then he left.

Already, seeing these assignments put a lot of weight on my shoulders. My headache began to kick in once I started to do the first assignment. The illness started to come again, this time more serious, and well, I began to cough a lot. My co-workers saw this, and I didn't want to distract them, so I went to the bathroom.

"Fuck," I coughed.

As I began to cough a lot louder, my throat began to feel sore, and eventually, I was coughing blood.

"Ahh, shit," I mumbled as I made a mess in the sink.

I grabbed a lot of paper towels from the dispensers and tried to wipe them down clean. When the mess I made finally got cleaned up, I gathered some courage and was able to get back into the office, the cough stopped, but my co-workers couldn't help but be curious.

"Timothy, I heard you are coughing loud in the bathroom. Are you okay," Yeri said.

"I'm fine, I lied.

*Yeri noticed blood on Timothy's mouth*

"Timothy, you're bleeding," she said in a worried tone.

"It's nothing, Yeri, just trust me," I said.

"No, this is just nothing; this is serious," Yeri said. "You should probably get a doctor or something."

"Yeri, I don't think my coughing needs some doctor checkup; I think I'm just feeling ill recently," I said.

"Well, I would go see a doctor anyway," and then she left.

And then, I followed up and went back to my desk to complete some work. 

END OF THE DAY

Of course, by the end of the day, I was the lasts one out. I did my usual put my completed work in my boss' inbox, and left to catch the bus. While waiting, I wanted to see if Lisa texted me or she received my message.

0 NEW MESSAGES

Guess she hasn't responded yet.

(TEXT MESSAGES)

Timothy: Hi babe

Timothy: Baby?

Timothy: Lisa

Timothy: Lisa, answer me

(END OF TEXT)

I know that place is busy, but I didn't know that you don't have time to text busy. It's getting lonely with me; the only people I've really talked to are my parents and Yeri's checking up. Which reminded me, maybe Yeri does have a point; I should go check up some time; maybe there is something wrong. I mean, I've been really overworked for the past couple of days, and I think my body is beginning to take a toll. Not to mention the rare hours of sleep that I'm getting. I'll see about it tomorrow.