Chapter 15: Bliss

TIMOTHY POV

My personal assistant has been helping me through my illness. I can't believe it, but I think having her is helping me out. She's been strict about my diet and how much sleep I'm getting, and well, it's taking its effect........in a good way. Anyway, I'm meeting her up today in her office to do my check-up. I hope everything will go as planned and that my illness is gone. I get in my car and drive over to the building where I was told to go.

"Hello, what can I do for you," the lady at the front counter said.

"Hi, I'm here to see Dr. Follden," I said.

"Ah, I'm assuming you are her patient," she said.

"Yes," I replied.

The lady then went on her computer and signed me in, and notified the office.

"Okay, she is not here right now. Dr. Follden is in a meeting; she will be back in about 15 minutes," the lady explained. "In the meantime, her office is room 45," she pointed down the hall.

"Okay, thank you," and then I walked away.

Once I arrived at Dr. Follden's office, I waited for her at one of the seats she had as I sit there in that office while the ceiling fan spins in circles. My mind goes into a deep thought of things that have been happening. Things I have planned to say or confess to Follden. Maybe I should talk about my relationship and how hard it is to be long-distance. By the way, I haven't seen or spoken to Lisa since my birthday, and that was a while back too. Anyway, I took out my phone to kill time and went to messages to view the last few messages I sent to Lisa. Being away for a while now, It's starting to affect me; I want to see her or hear her voice. 

(TEXT MESSAGES)

Timothy: Lisa, you still there.

(END OF TEXT)

Of course, nothing, she responds none of my text. 

*door opens*

"Oh, Timothy, I didn't realize that you were here," Dr. Follden arrived.

"Oh, hi, Ruby," I replied.

"Is everything okay? I walked in, and you were a bit upset, is something okay," she asked me.

I've talked to Ruby before about many problems, and she seems to have a solution to everything. I know in the text a few paragraphs above that I said that I should open up about my long-distance relationship but, I don't think it's the right time now. I'm hoping Lisa someday will get the letters and messages that I've been sending her. 

"Timothy, it's okay, you can ask me," she said.

"It's nothing; it's okay," I replied.

"Well, okay, just let me know if you want to share something," she said, then we got on with the checkup. 

"So, Ruby, what are we seeing here? Is my illness gone," I asked.

"Well, from your test results, it seems that your illness has gone down," she said. "Your blood pressure levels are back to normal."