Silly me!

I'm burnt out. I'm not tired. Not upset. Burnt out.
Why did you suddenly not want me? Did I do something wrong? Was it wrong of me to care for you? What was so bad that you could no longer stay?
Your response hurt me even more. You said you left because I wouldn't care, that I feel too less. That I was cold.
How could you do that? How could you up and just leave when I shared my dreams with you, told you my innermost thoughts? How could you do that when I bared myself naked to the bones for you? It didn't even take you days to rethink over your decision. You had decided to leave the moment you walked in.
Was it all a lie then? Was everything you did, everything you said a show? Must have being a blast them. You must have laughed watching me peel all my layers for you, watching me fight myself on trusting you. Watching me fall for you.
    I should really start learning to protect myself better now. I should steel my heart even further because, people like you would never let people like me breathe. Perhaps, wolves like you would always hunt the helpless lamb.
So, Thank you. Thank you for reminding my silly self to never get attached to people again; because all they ever do is break you and skin you alive.