Everlasting

They say nothing lasts forever. Yet, everytime I was with you time stopped. It was only the two of us in that moment. Gazing into each others eyes, smiling lovingly. I wanted that moment to last forever.
  Time flies away, they say, when you are with someone you love. Lies, I thought. Now, I wish for more. Every second with you and I want more.
  I always knew that life is unpredictable. Yet, I didn't believe it could happen to me. I unconciously ran away from the truth. But, it got me.
   I remember how we would talk about how we would live long and how our love would last longer. I remember that day when we talked under the stars for hours. Simply perfect.
   But perfect doesn't exist in this world. The world needs balance and we were too perfect for each other. Maybe that's why it didn't workout.
That beautifully imperfect day when our lives changed.
   We parted that day. I don't blame you for falling out of love. I did in the beginning. Our memories would always catch up to me. All those moments spent laughing, running around your backyard or just kissing.
   I didn't understand what went wrong. I thought it was my fault. It wasn't.
   Our love was safe. Predictable. We were perfect for each other but not in the way that our souls combined. No. We were compatible in the way that our souls accomodated each other.

    The day I met him I knew the different kinds of love. Love was simple for me. No complications. But, the day I met him, my definition of love changed. I understood how you felt with her.
   I would smile just looking at him doing his work. Look at cuff links and think how it would suit him. I could picture our future together clearly. I was in love.
   Relationships aren't everlasting, I decided. People change as time passes. Gradually, their feelings do too. What we once held faultless becomes faulty.
  You and I fell in love. Our love was pure and safe. Too perfect.
   Him and I are in love. Our love is true and pure. It has faults. We fight and maim each other but our souls are combined. And,We always come home to each other. This is everlasting.