Chapter 5:Punishment

Lorya, Judeor and Exeroz entered the throne room, their muscles rigid. They knelt down before Lynaxa and Xyron. "You failed", said Lynaxa, searching through their memories. They stayed silent, not daring to speak. "It appears that we overestimated your leading abilities. You fled, when you still could have completed the objective. If not for your fighting abilities, we would have demoted you. Instead, you shall have a second chance to prove you are capable. If you fail again, though, we shall not be so merciful. But first, you must suffer for your failure", said Lynaxa, and released a torrent of lightning at Judeor, a blast of air at Exeroz, and a torrent of dark energy at Lorya.

The lightning struck Judeor in the chest, causing him excruciating pain. He remained conscious, however, and shielded himself with his hands, absorbing the lightning. Beside him, Exeroz conjured an air bubble around his head, protecting himself from the air tainted with dark energy Lynaxa sent at him. Lorya defended herself from Lynaxa's dark energy attack, directing the raw power inside her to combat the invading darkness. At last, Lynaxa released them, and they dropped to their knees, panting from the effort.

"Impressive. You may go, but be ready to come back", said Xyron. They slowly rose, bowed, and left the room.