Chapter 16:Surprise Attack

"Admiral, it is time to launch our attack", said Alaea. "I agree", Admiral Virsol replied.

Earlier in the day, the group had contacted Eon and planned out the attack. As the battle group dropped out of lightspeed just out of range of their sensors, Alaea would signal him, and he, Ametir, Reola and Rokitas would lead the fleet and attack the Legion head on, and join Alaea and her group to attack Xyron. And now, that plan would be executed.

Itreal, Valhares, Lurana, Kirtan and Akala led the Alliance army against the Legion forces camped a few miles west of them.

The battle group dropped out of hyperspace, and Alaea searched for her father's light energy. "We are here. Launch the attack now", she said. "Very good", he replied. The Alliance fleet attacked the Legion. At the same time, while the bulk of the enemy was occupied, the battle group move in, and destroyed the arrière garde, and then proceeded to the flagship. The surprise attack left the Legion stunned, and thus, Eon's force was able to get through, and the two pincers met.

The Legion soon recovered, and struck back, their more powerful capital ships destroying their smaller Alliance counterparts.

"We can not keep this up forever!" said Admiral Zalor. "We have no other choice", Alaea said. "Yes we do. Admiral Zalor, Admiral Virsol, Admiral Urixan, disengage. I will join you in a moment", Eon said. "What are you planning, sir?" asked Urixan. "It is better you see from a safe distance", Eon replied. "We are coming with you", said Rokitas. "No. Leave this to me." "Are you sure?" said Alaea. "Yes. Now go."

The Alliance fleet retreated back, and the Legion followed. A wall of light separated the two fleets. Bolts of emerald lightning rained down on the Legion vessels, severely damaging their dreadnoughts, and destroying smaller ships. Eon focused, and several dreadnoughts crumpled, warped by his tremendous power.

Slowly, one by one, the Legion ships started retreating to lightspeed. A few made it, but the Alliance fleet attacked the rest from two sides. Disorganized, they were quickly overwhelmed. Another Legion ship escaped, before the remainder was taken down.

Eon dissolved the wall of light, and absorbed it back into himself, restoring some of his strength. Still, the power was taking a toll on his old  body. He contacted Alaea. "I will be taking a long rest. Tell everyone else to let me be for the next 12 hours", he said. "Alright", Alaea replied.