Chapter 1: The Vampire's Lore

This world is filled with many beings. Small as a tiny lily, giant as the trees in a forest. Animals roaming the plains, humans dancing down the streets. However, this world doesn't just have mere mortals that exist. A parallel world houses what humans consider "monsters." These monsters can be beasts, witches, and even vampires. Though these monsters may seem scary, they do not chase after humans. In fact, the majority of them live in isolation.

I can tell you that is the truth because I am one of these "monsters." With enhanced physical abilities and sharp fangs, I am a vampire.

My name is Viki, and I'm a twelve-year-old vampire girl. Growing up as a vampire on this side of the world hasn't been difficult. As I mentioned before, with isolation, vampires normally don't socialize. So, for all these twelve years, I've lived, I haven't talked with a single human once. But I have always given it a serious thought and still wonder why we never do socialize with them. If I could, I would change that. That has been something I've dreamed about ever since I was younger.

As a vampire, I do have sharp fangs. So as a precaution, I'm pretty good at not showing my teeth to give it away. Unlike many beliefs there are of our kind, we vampires do not bite living beings to suck their blood. In fact, we don't drink blood at all. Another misconception is that we don't shapeshift into other forms either.

Despite our fangs, we don't have many differences from the others, including humans. We get up at the same time, study, eat the same things and play. I suppose one of our significant differences, besides remaining reclusive, is that we have unusual abilities. The magical energy within us can be harnessed into many different shapes and forms. As well as being utilized for many tasks to make them more manageable.

Being part of the vampires, we have chosen to live away from the other beings in our world. This world being Earth—a planet that has two sides to it. One we often call the "Main" world or even "Human" world. The other is where I was born, the "Alter" world. The Alter world is a different realm than the Main one, where many differences can be spotted. Such as the living beings that reside there.

Even with our differences from humans, I lay awake with the sun's beam through my window. Blinking my eyes, I feel a set of damp sheets under my white knee-length nightgown. Its scent drifting about the room. I, Viki, a twelve-year-old vampire, lay awake, finding my bed wet.

Sighing to myself, I cannot believe what has happened. I'm a twelve-year-old girl and a vampire, no less! I shouldn't be wetting my bed! I scratch the scalp below my long ash-colored blonde hair before blinking my azure eyes a few times. Still, a wet bed is below me, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Getting out of bed, I stepped in front of my mirror. The mirror had a floral design on the wooden edges that belonged to an older generation in my family. But here I was, looking at myself—a big wet stain on my nightgown. Brushing my hair with my fingers, I sigh to myself, glaring into the bright blue eyes.

Though this is the third wet bed in a row, I know I have to bring my sheets to the wash as soon as I get up. My parents called me out for not letting them know right away on the first day I had the accident. With that in mind, I began the process of striping the white sheets off the bed and taking the pink blanket off my bed. This bed had a valence decorated in a floral pattern—a bed that shouldn't have been wet. Holding the needed to wash materials, I turned towards the door to my room.

Passing by an ornately carved round table with a large novel on top, I marched out of my room through the wooden door. Stepping out, I was greeted by a long hallway with several other rooms. Of course, the bathroom was to the left, but it wasn't needed now in my current state. I could sense there should be no one down the path.