Chapter 4: The Vampire's Confession

"..." Miranda silently steered.

"..." I stared at the town we drove through. I was kind of hoping to talk with mother after that day...I'm sure she'd been shocked to hear how it went! I mean, it did start as a nightmare, but it turned out rather great! I can't wait to give them the full details! Although, maybe there are a few things I shouldn't say. Teresa's cleaning assistance popped into my mind.

I continued smiling to myself as we drove down the highway in town. It seemed a little odd that we weren't going straight back to our domain. "Um, where are we going exactly?" Did Miranda not know the way?

"You've noticed?" Miranda replied.

"Well, we aren't going the other way, so it was kind of obvious."

"I was given an order to take you to a human store to grab a specific item."

Hearing the word "human store" blew my mind. "Wait, what?" No need to hold profession with me! Tell me everything!

"This was part of your father's idea. So, think of it as a continuation of your trial."

"I see..." I couldn't help but feel perplexed at the thought. We're vampires who typically don't associate with humans. Let alone I was of the royal family who never does small errands like this. I mean, my mother has taken me to a book shop in various vampire towns several times, but not a human shop.

"I've done some research in humans before, but this will be my first," Miranda grinned. "Since you're the human expert for the day, I'd like you to help me out."

"Oh, okay." So, this will be a part of my Halloween trial, then?

"Well, there's something, in particular, we need to pick up that made this your father's idea, or so I was told."

A specific item made from humans? "What would that item be?"

"I'm not sure how you'll enjoy it, but I think it will be a boon."

So, an item that'll help me. There wasn't a single object that could come to mind that I had an immediate need to. Unless...this object was going to help in a certain regards. "I see," I responded. "It's fine. You don't need to hold back on my account."

"Are you sure?" She looked concerned.

"Mhm!" I smiled back. "If the object you are referring to is going to help my bedwetting, then I'm okay with it." This was partially true, as I still felt awkward about having said accidents. Though the current day had really given me an eye-opening experience.

"Oh good, as that is our main objective—some protection. Your parents discussed it last night and got into how we should go about getting a cloth type made for you."

"A cloth-type?" I questioned. Given the circumstance of us going to a store for "protection," it contradicted her statement. "I'm guessing a different kind was selected?"

"Yup," Miranda nodded. "While they plotted the course for getting them made, your father mentioned the trial of yours."

"He did? What did he say?"

"Nothing special, but it had him thinking a better alternative than what we planned."

"That was to obtain protection at a human store then?"

"Yes, you are right, Viki. I was surprised myself when they mentioned the human world. Imagine if the Vampire prime ministers heard that."

"Haha, though I'd rather them not learn my problem...."