Epilogue

Abbey woke up as she usually would sometime in the morning. Given it was Sunday and her mother worked, it meant she'd be having to go to daycare in the afternoon. She'd wish Sharon or Viki would join her on the weekend, but they were unable to. Thankfully, when Lana formed their quartet, Abbey found Lana was also taken on the weekends. This allowed Abbey to be happy knowing she now had a friend and not wander around the daycare all day.

As Abbey made for the stairs for her routine diaper check that resulted in a change, she heard something odd.

"Uh hu. Huh, sniff." It sounded like her mother was in the middle of crying for an odd reason. Abbey felt a nervous pain grow in her stomach. Usually, if her mother was distraught, that'd result in them having to move. Her mother already made mentions that that time could be soon. However, Abbey wished with everything for it not to happen. Despite the fear, Abbey couldn't bear the thought of her mother crying either.

"Mommy, wats wong?" Abbey looked up to her mother.

"Oh, Abbey...Sniff..." Amelia sobbed. "We...We...We don't have to move!"

Abbey's eyes went wide, "Really?"

"Yes! I...I can't believe it. But it's true! The debt...the debt has been paid in full."

Abbey never understood what her mother meant by "debt," though it caused the two to move often. Amelia's job seemed to allow her to transfer with ease. Still, Abbey herself never understood the entire length of the issue she resided in. "Debt? I don't understand, mommy. Is this because of daddy again?" In the past, when Abbey lost her father, Amelia took her daughter and moved because of something daddy had "done." Abbey loved her father, and so did Amelia. However, the way she expressed it was far too mysterious for one little girl to understand.

"Yes, sweetie, it was because of your father," Amelia stated with a smile. "He was a good man, but he ended up taking more than he could, I guess." Amelia began to cry once again. "If it wasn't for the accident, he'd still be here, and we wouldn't have ended in 'debt.' But we don't have to worry anymore. Because it's been paid in full!"

Abbey was never told what they actually owed but that it was something substantial. Given the shock to her mother caused Abbey to begin crying. Without that lingering problem, that would allow for Abbey to remain where she lived. She could continue going to the same daycare, school and keep her friends. "So, we don't have to move?!"

"That's right. We don't have to move again!"

Abbey began to hug her mother with all her might. Despite the odd encounter with a vampire princess named Viki, Abbey still wasn't sure how something so significant could disappear in a short time. "I'm so happy! How did it end?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. I was given this card, but even I'm still unsure." The card in question was a sleek black with a white crown with five points and two black triangles on the center. "I think the crown was a symbol for the five leaders of Alter, but I couldn't picture the mage's master doing this."

Abbey wasn't too unfamiliar with the subject of "five leaders of Alter" but still wasn't versed on the topic. However, from what she did know was that a great friend of hers currently was the successor to one of those roles. That's when Abbey made the connection. "My friend! They did it!"

"Your friend? Which friend?"

Given she had blurted out Viki's secret to Lana in the past, Abbey was reserved in thinking she should announce it. Though, unlike a random person, this was her mother, someone she could trust with everything. "Viki! Viki's family is super super, super strong! The debt had to be nothing to them."