Chapter 12: The Vampire's Acceptance

Once we returned, mother was there to pick me up right away, alongside Miranda. They appeared very worried, most likely hearing what had happened. Following them into our dark vehicle, they told me to wait to state my side of the story when we returned home. Given father was already there, he took his leave of meetings earlier due to what transpired.

I was surprised to hear he left the board early in the evening but feared the worst.

"Viki," started my father in my quarters. I stood on my bed as the trio of vampires had their eyes on me. "I'd like to hear what transpired today."

Taking a deep breath, I began recalling the events. "Today started fun...."

Once I finished recalling the accounts of the atrocity, he began rubbing his chin. "You're certain you noticed a magical aura?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"I'm fairly aware you haven't been accustomed to any spell, though."

"We did come across two mages the night prior," Miranda curtsied. "That should prove to her knowledge of their aura."

"I see. I'd say these girls were lucky you've been with them then. These cases would appear connected. I will make sure a message is sent post-haste."

"Miranda did tell you about the night prior?" I asked.

"She did. After taking those details, I sent some investigators to look into it. However, seeing how it has come to this, I need to take action sooner. That is why I will be sending a message to an old friend in the magic circle."

"Old friend?" I questioned. He has a friend in the magic circle? We were vampires; isolation was what we chose. This contradicted that very statement.

"Ahem. Now, if it all proceeds as I expect, your friend shouldn't need to worry about any future invasion. As for its cause, that remains unknown. For now, in the case of your trial, this will be my stand. I'm happy my teaching has assisted you, though I'd rather you not be in harm's way. That is why this shall be your last day traversing in the human world."

"But father! These weren't humans doing bad things. They were colliding with a team from the Madist empire." The "Madist empire" was the mages country for where they reside. "Humans from the time I've been with are not evil like we've often studied."

"I am aware of this."

"You know there are two sides to everyone. There is a good and bad side. Humans may have performed atrocities, but so have vampires! We have to look past what they have done and take in the good they attest to."

"Hmm," father stopped for a second. "You prove a valuable point, Viki. Alright, I'll leave things on a single condition."

"Oh? What would that be?" Mother spoke up in curiosity.

He gave a grin, "We'll leave it to the two girls you call friends. If they still think of you as a friend, we can continue to have this 'trial.'"

"Alright, I know they still think of me like one!" I know they will! They have to, for what we've been through. Just because I'm different doesn't change that fact! Does it...

"Keep in mind, if you have any other questions, now would be the time to ask."

"Ah, yes, I do have a couple. One I'm unsure about."