Chapter 13: The Vampire's Servant

Nothing mattered. On this average Saturday, nothing mattered. After learning the truth behind Miranda, my vision became blurred.

Given it was Saturday, daycare wouldn't be for another couple of days. However, I didn't feel like meeting with anyone at this time. Thus, I sat on my bed wrapped in a ball.

All this time... Miranda has been taking care of us—me. Yet, we did such a terrible thing like taking her family away! We are such monsters! How can we do such an atrocity? We should be better than that!

"Creak," sounded the door. I ignored the person's presence.

"Viki," my mother voiced. "I came to check on you. And how your diaper is doing."

As she approached me, my blurred vision turned dim-red. "Badum," my heart pounded. Tears streaming down my cheeks, I faced my mother, gritting my fangs. "Why...WHY!" Unable to hold back, I stormed out of my room with celerity.

Racing down the halls, I rushed into a room as if I were trying to take shelter. However, this room contained many books and portraits of previous royalty.

"Badum," sounded my heart once more. My vision turned a brighter shade of red. "How could you!" I channeled aura at my hands, proceeding to dig into the paintings. "We have to be better!"

Scattering sounds of the maids ran out of the room. I couldn't help thinking that it was good that they'd leave me.

"Viki!" mother rushed in towards me.

"Gah!" I twirled around, launching a swipe. "Badum," my heart boomed once more, filling my vision a pure crimson. However, my consciousness faded into black.

The light faded into my view once again as if waking from a terrible dream—no, a nightmare. Rustling sounds crept into my ear. A familiar sound of a diaper.

A shape formed in front of me, that of Miranda. My vision refocused once more, and I saw Miranda was currently in the process of changing a diaper—my diaper. With a clean diaper underneath, she was about ready to apply powder.

Before she could move an inch, I leaped up onto her. Embracing her with my arms. Although my underside was barren, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

Miranda's arms wrapped themselves around me, "Everything's okay now." She tightened her embrace.

I shifted out of her hug, "No, it is not!" tears drenched my cheeks. "They killed them...they killed your parents!"

"I see..." Miranda turned to the side. "Let me finish this change, and I'll tell you the truth then."

"Okay...sniff." Laying back, I spread my legs.

Miranda faced me once more, holding the powder in hand. Though, she wore a smile. "You've been a good girl while you were asleep. And I can tell you that for certain since I sat at your bed this entire time."

"Y-you have?"

"Yup."

"I'm sorry to put you through that," I turned my gaze. "My parents must hate me too...."

"Nonsense."

"But I destroyed those paintings...I know how much our history means to them."

"Hah, those mere paintings were just for display anyways. Your parents were far happier that you've returned to us."

"I see... I'll have to apologize to them then."