Chapter 9: The Vampire's Jealous Friend

Having a clean change, an open mind, I was ready to start this next week of daycare. Despite having diaper changes added to the new common occurrences, I was happy to spend my daycare. I wasn't sure how long this trial would last, but I wanted to make the most I could during it. Plus, it'd hurt me to leave the new friends that I made.

"How was your weekend?" Sharon asked me.

"It was a delightful time," I responded.

Sharon sighed to herself, "I take you two had loads of fun then."

"Yup!" Abbey cheered. "We had a really nice tea party!"

I nodded along, "Yeah, I'm glad I woke up a little earlier in the day to manage my studies prior."

"Studies?" Sharon and Abbey questioned in unison.

"You have school on Saturday?" Abbey asked.

"Yes," I answered. "Was that odd?"

"Most school's around here have both Sunday and Saturday off," Sharon remarked.

"I see," I scratched my head in surprise. I didn't know they had a different schedule...

"Well, how was yesterday then?" Abbey asked.

I exhaled, being thankful Abbey was changing the subject. However, I began recalling the events for Sunday—the day before.

Nothing special had occurred, except for when I was reading my book in the afternoon. I'd felt an urge within my bowels stirring about. Unsure if I should have relieved myself immediately given the padding I've worn each day, I went to ask the mother in secret. However, when I told her I had to go potty, she only told me she was surprised I hadn't already gone. Given her consent, I squatted on the spot.

"Hmm, nothing too special I can think of," I responded. "I mostly read my book."

"Ah, you sure like to read Viki," Abbey announced.

I suppose it is a hobby most vampires partake in...

"Now, back to this tea party you mentioned," Sharon butted in. "I really wish I was there now."

"Yeah," Abbey nodded. "I wish you could have as well."

I nodded alongside her.

"I wish I could have convinced my parents to go so I could have had a tea party with you too, Abbey."

"But you had to visit with your aunt... It's okay, we'll have another tea party."

"But it isn't...." Sharon exhaled. "Jeez, you don't understand."

What...what's going on? Why do they both look upset?

"Understand what?" Abbey stated, puzzled.

"That I'm upset you didn't wait for me!" Sharon shouted. "You always do this!"

"I...I didn't mean to...." Abbey began sobbing.

Is...is it because of me? If I wasn't here, Sharon wouldn't be like this?

"I thought you were my friend! But I see you think differently! Just because you're different?"

It has to be...I'm the real different one here...