Chapter 7: The Vampire's Surprise

"Splosh, splosh," sounded my movement. Another bright morning and another soaked diaper. The weight caused it to sag, though I didn't mind. With my fangs hanging under my grin, I walked down the hall.

From the night before, I conversed with Miranda once again. During that pleasant time, she told me to see her first thing in the morning. Hence why I hadn't taken off the soaked garment nor prepared myself for the day. Thankfully my bed was dry, thanks to the currently soaked garment, so I didn't have to worry about making a trip to the laundry room this time around.

Miranda appeared relatively upbeat when she said that. I began to reminisce the night prior with Miranda's comment. "Huhu, Viki. I have a little treatment I'd like to deliver to you tomorrow. I want you to promise me you'll come to see me first thing in the morning!" With a bright smile and an endearing embrace, we set this early meeting up. However, I hadn't the slightest idea what she was up to.

Tapping my foot along the carpet, I stood in the fork in the hall before the main entrance. This was the supposed meeting place Miranda told me to travel to. However, there was no Miranda. Well, I suppose we didn't set any time up for it. I just woke up and walked over here. It's possible that she hasn't even awoken herself.

That thought was crushed by the sound of footsteps to my right. Looking down the hall, I could see the navy-blue skirted uniform layered with a clean apron and dark long hair—Miranda.

"I apologize, milady," Miranda curtsied. "I didn't mean to keep you long."

I gave a curtsy holding the hem of my frilly light-blue nightgown, "It wasn't that delayed. And we didn't set a time anyways. So don't bite into sour fruit."

"I've been thinking about this all morning!" Miranda smirked. "So, I cannot wait any longer." She held her hand out for me to accept. Returning her smirk with my own, I took her hand. With a firm grasp, we relaxed our arms at our sides. Side by side, Miranda now held hands with the princess other maids dreamed of—me.

"Follow my lead, Viki!" Miranda exclaimed.

"Hehe," I giggled. "You're already breaking formalities in the open, huh?"

"Gah," Miranda looked shocked at the realization. "You're right... milady."

"Aw, it's fine!" I innocently smiled. "I've wanted to do this anyway."

"What exactly do you mean?" Miranda stood clueless.

"Teehee, frolic while holding your hand!" I began pulling her arm forward mid-hop.

"Aw," Miranda blushed. "I apologize again. I believe I were to be taking the lead." Swiftly matching my pace, Miranda walked to my side as I proceeded to skip forward.

I know it really isn't much, but I feel so happy right now! Miranda doesn't mind me being childish like this, so I think I'll enjoy myself even more!

Walking, well for Miranda as I frolicked, we stopped at the bathroom's door the way I traveled before. Letting go of my hand, Miranda turned to face me. "Well, this is the first thing I wanted to do."

"Hm?" I gave a puzzled look. I'm really not sure what Miranda has in mind. Did she want to change me or something? Though she would have done that in my room. "I'm confused. What did you have in mind?"

"Well," Miranda began to blush as she tapped her fingers together. "Hearing about the humans had me look into them myself. And I've sweat a bit during my exercises er cleaning routines."