Chapter 13 - Four Years Later

Key:

Y/N = Your (readers) name

S/c = Skin color

E/c = Eye Color

F/c = Favorite Color

H/c = Hair Color

I just want to say thank you guys for sticking to this fanfic! We are currently #13 in #btshybrid and I am so grateful for it! Thank you so so much! I love you guys so much and hope you all have a wonderful day/night. Enjoy reading!
————————————————————-

  I walked down the boulevard, shivering. It's winter season, meaning the time for celebration and presents. Or whatever.

  I don't remember the last time I got a present. Being a high school senior, I'm on my own now. Which is 'ridiculous', to some people. But I'm used to it.

  Even if my home life wasn't beautiful or loving, at least I can enjoy walks to school like this. Looking up I see small snowflakes falling down from the sky. They dance their way down with nothing stopping them.

  Exhaling, I pull my sweater closer. Trying to get more warmth from the old thing. "Only a few more minutes", I try to tell myself.

  It would've been faster if I took one of the main road's sidewalks. But I don't really feel like bumping into people. I just want some more alone time before I have to deal with people's crap.

  Putting in some headphones, I begin to play music. Allowing the train in my mind to come to a slow stop. As all mu focus goes to walking and breathing.

When I finally get to school, I immediately try to get to my class.

Key word, try.

"Oh-ho well look what we have here.", a tall, curled blondie pushed me against the wall.

I sigh, "Hello Britney."

Britney, otherwise known as the schools' bit-bully, smirked at me.

"Hello Y/N. Now you know what time it is-"

With a groan and a roll of my eyes I interrupt her. "Again? You do know I'm not made of money like your fake butt, right?"

Before I could comprehend what, I said, I was thrown against the lockers across the room. Now, on the outside I wasn't terrified of her. But on the inside, I am shaking like a chihuahua.

I slide down the lockers and onto the floor. Watching the other students just walk by, turning a blind eye, I can't help but feel a bit upset. You hear someone internally crying out for help and yet you don't even stop to look at them?

Being pulled up to my feet, I look up at Britney. Who has a wide smile on her face. Her laughter rings out through my ears. "No one will help you. Don't forget your just a piece of trash on the street. And along with the wind you'll blow away."

While she was talking, I couldn't help but to tear up. I always hear these words from her and everyone else. I mentally curse myself for letting her, of all people, see my tears.

And even though she laughs at me, I still don't let the tears fall. She may see my tears but she sure as heck won't see me cry. Not even when I feel someone rummage through my pocket and take out my lunch money.

Gosh, it's like middle school with these kids again.

With a final insult, I was dropped back onto the floor. Britney and her posse, left as the bell rang.

I slowly picked myself up and blinked away the tears. With the now small pieces of my heart and dignity I have left; I step into class.

When the last bell rings, I sneak out the back doors of the school.

I then walk back to my one-bedroom apartment and work on some homework. After a while, I decide to make myself a sandwich.

Or I would've, if I had any bread!

I sigh for what felt like the hundredth time today. Walking over to my bedroom, I grab a few dollars from my drawer.

I then grab my jacket, keys, and leave.

Walking down the boulevard, during the night was so much different than the day.

For one, it's colder. Every time I feel a breeze, I feel like I'm dealing with a blizzard out here. The snowflakes aren't dancing so gracefully anymore. Instead, their racing to get to the ground.

All this for some bread. Really, Y/N?

Shaking my head, I take a right turn. But right when I'm about to walk into town, into the convenience store, that's when I hear something.

It's a small whimpering coming from the edge of the woods.

Looking across the grass and into the woods, I don't see anything. And yet I still hear it.

I begin to turn my head away. Don't be stupid Y/N that's how you get killed faster.

But when I hear it again, I'm brought back to my previous thoughts from today. 'You hear someone internally crying out for help and yet you don't even stop to look at them?'

I hit my head. Gosh now I'm going to be a hypocrite. You know who else is a hypocrite? Britney. And I don't want to be like her. I don't want to be one of those bystanders who ignore others.

So, I turn back around and slowly start to head towards the noise.

I notice that while I head towards it, the whimpering seems to die down. With my heart beating ever so loudly, I pull back a bush of plants to reveal the animal.