Chapter 4

It's been so long since I've seen the sun, the streets, the trees. Do they still look the same?

I was one of the 'lucky few', if that's what you want to call it, that had seen the outside world. My memory of it is the only thing keeping me going. Even the events that happened that day; I don't want to forget....

Running. A bead of sweat glistening in the sunlight. Trees swaying violently side to side, indicating that a storm was coming.

I continued running, surprisingly not fatigued. My hands flew up to grab my hat and smashed it on my head as I turned the corner of the street.

Once I got inside of my small apartment, I sighed heavily and took off my hat. My fluffy golden ears felt free as I did so. I then went and changed into something more comfortable for the night.

After choosing a loose white shirt and brown sweatpants, I heated up some food for me and my friend. who should be arriving in....

One

Two

Three

'Creek'

Ha! I love when I'm right.

The door opened to reveal a six foot tall boy with black hair, triple eyelids, and puffy lips. He was quite cute.

Everything about the boy screamed cute. His personality would be a mix of hyper, loud, and quirky. I don't mind the loud part at all, it's honestly a nice trait to have. To be able to speak your mind at a volume where people could actually hear you. That way they couldn't ignore you.

It might seem annoying, I know, but this kid was never too loud. Which doesn't make sense to me, but all well.

The kid took off and hung up his jacket. I was just a few years older than him, so he's still a kid to me. Yes, he is a minor but he was able to find a decent job.

  "Hey Hobi", he greeted me with a smile as he took a plate of food and sat down at the table.

  "Hey Hueningkai", I smiled back and sat down next to him.

How did I end up here? Sharing an apartment with a minor? Well, to put it simply, he was a rich kid wanting to live a normal life. As I was wanting to find a place to hide and call home. I was already a hybrid at that time.

  Some random men, held us down and injected something into me and my family. My father, being the strongest one in our family, fought them off. Giving me time to run, based off my mother's order, and I never looked back. I suppose they wanted to experiment on me, since I'm not one breed. I'm a German Shepard and Gold retriever mix. Same qualities as a German Shepard, just more hyper and more of a golden yellow colored fur.

  We finished eating, and were now on the couch. When all of the sudden, my nose caught two scents. The same strong black smoke and iron, from that time.

  I stood up and told Hueningkai. I knew this would be goodbye. I couldn't keep endangering people's lives. No matter how sweet and loving they taught me to be. I had to face the problem head on.

  Either keep running with my golden and black tipped tail between my legs or I could go down with a fight my parents would be proud of.

  In the end I chose to fight. Of course I was caught. And with Hueningkai being rich, the capturers turned their cheek. Only giving him a slap on the wrist.

  Hearing the kid scream, cry, and beg for me, was one of the most heartbreaking things I've heard. I wanted to run back to him and hold him tightly. I wanted to stay with him. But, alas, I was too weak to do anything other than closing my eyes and passing out.

  And now I'm here in this little cell. It held some small artificial window, which was ironically nice Your cell depends on your danger level. And me being a dog breed, didn't need to be locked up as much as predators or wilder breeds did.

  I still think it isn't fair. However, it's not like I can do anything about it. Sighing again, I sit up as I hear a 'Master' coming closer.

  Others call me a ray of sunshine, because of my attitude.

  So, just like every other time I start my day, I look up at the fake window and tell myself....

  If I can shine like the sun for others for them to have a better day. Then so be it.

  But I know that someday, someway, somehow, I will see the sun again. Not this sad artificial crap.