Chapter 6

WARNING: There is some mention of suicide, self-harm, and blood in this chapter. Its not too graphic. But if you aren't comfortable with it, I'm sorry. It's very short (like two sentences or so) so please just skip over that if you don't like it. Thank you.

Also (H/C) = Hair color (your hair color)       :)

I hope you all are having a great day/night! I love you guys and will see you in the next chapter! Thanks for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every step I take I start to realize how much I'm going to hate it here. I haven't lost all hope, no. But things aren't looking up. I've been here for two years now. Everyday seeps to get heavier.

I don't try to fight back. I've seen the punishment other hybrids get for that. For right now, I'll just focus on getting stronger. And this small journey to the dome can help with that. There I can run till I exhaust myself. Then of course the 'Masters', will take me to another room to run tests and such.

As I'm thinking, I accidently bump into another hybrid coming out of the dome.

"S-sorry", I whisper.

"S'fine", a deeper voice whispers back.

I watch as the man with curly hair and a mole on his nose walk away.

He was a predatory hybrid. Scary.

Or that's what my instincts made me think. The man didn't seem like he'd hurt people but you can never tell. Which reminds me of how I am not a predatory hybrid. So of course I would think he was intimidating.

"Get walking.", a gruff voice behind me said. Then proceeded to push me.

Oh that's right. No one gets to roam around freely. I've got this jerk behind me.

I know we're supposed to call them 'Masters' and I do! But they don't deserve it truly. A master should be caring, loving, etc.., and even then they wouldn't want to be called a master.

I sigh and keep walking. I wonder how much longer they'll keep me here for. I mean if I don't get strong -and since I'm not a rare breed- they will probably kill me for being useless.

I shake my head as all the darker thoughts try to come in. I don't let them as I look up coming face to face with the dome. I look higher up and see glass windows across the top of the dome. Of course we can't do whatever we want without being watched. At least all the room lights were off, except one room, meaning only one to two 'masters' were watching me.

I look down to see tall trees, grass and a small waterfall in the corner. After getting these stupid hand-cuffs off me, I change into my animal form and start running.

I run and run and run until I become tired. As I fall asleep besides a small rock, I see a 'master' coming to pick me up. And with that, I fully fell asleep.

''Jungkook?..Ah there you are!"

I walk into what seems like a kitchen as I hear someone calling for me.

"Jungkook ah? Can you hear me? Dinners ready!", the same feminine voice called out to me.

It was a nice soft voice. I followed it trying to find out who was behind it. And when I found the person, their back was facing me. I noticed a knife was in their hand as they had just finished cutting some carrots.

"Yes, I'm here. Who are you?", I ask.

The girl had long (h/c) hair. It was so silky and smooth. I wanted to reach out to touch it but that would be weird.

A few seconds pass and I realize she didn't answer me so I asked again.

"Who are you?"

The girl chuckled to herself. It sounded so lovely that I wanted to hear it again.

"Promise me you'll find me."

"What?"

I became confused. Who is this girl and why is she saying this? Isn't this a dream?

Suddenly the girl started crying. The room was becoming darker and redder. The counters were dripping with blood. Correction. Her arms were bleeding.

I panicked and tried to reach out for her but my hand went straight through her. Like one of us was a ghost. I wanted to calm and help her but she just kept crying.

"Promise me please...don't leave me here."

"I promise! I promise just please let me help you! Just put down the knife please", at this point I was crying with her. My voice was breaking as I chanted that word, 'Please', over and over again.

I started being pulled away from her as the room grew darker and darker.

No. I don't want to leave! I want to help!

"I won't leave you!", I reached out to the helpless girl. I fought back from the pull and hugged her tightly.

"I will find you just please...hold on."

The room went pitch black. I closed my eyes tightly.

I woke up on an examination table. The 'Master' that was with me earlier rolled his eyes at me. "Get up your time is done here. We're finished with today's testing."

I slept through it? Was that dream that long?

As I stood up from the table, I thought about the dream.

Was it even a dream? Who was that girl? She seemed the same age as me. But why was she bleeding? Did she harm herself?

I looked up from where I was walking and realized I was in front of the cafeteria. Well, hopefully food can help me get my mind off things.

I sat down at a table with a salad-a piece of lettuce and a carrot stick- and an apple on my plate.

"Hey did you hear about hybrid 220?...yeah he was found dead this morning.."

I tried not to listen in on others whisper conversations but I couldn't help it. My ears picked up a lot of things.

"Yeah I heard he killed himself with his own claws"

I shivered. I don't like the idea of suicide. Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem. And you can't go back on it. Besides there is always, at least, one person who will be torn apart if you did that.

My mind starts to go back to the dream. What if it wasn't a dream...and that poor girl was feeling that way for real? What if she actually wanted to-

In the mist of my thoughts, I looked up to see the same hybrid I ran into earlier sitting in front of me. Our eyes met for a split second. In that second I had made up my mind of what I was going to do.

I was going to keep my word and look for that girl when I get out of here.

And I'm going to befriend this hybrid in front of me. He seems nice so far, there is just something about him that is drawing me to him. So why not!

I smiled to myself and continued to eat my salad.