Chapter 14

Y/N P.O.V

A small red fox lays on the ground. I scan over its smooth furry body and find out, it's a boy and that it's hind leg is badly bleeding.

I began to think to myself of what I should do. I can't just leave the poor thing. But I'm not exactly fit to take-

Suddenly me and fox's eyes meet.

Like any normal animal, it began to growl at me. But unlike any normal human, I just stared at it.

It's eyes were....different. They were shinier and brighter than a regular fox's eyes. They just held an unnatural type of aura.

I slowly held my hands up,"I'm not going to hurt you,", speaking softly,"I just want to see what I can do to help you."

He continued to growl at me. I simply ignored it and slowly got to his level, making myself smaller, more vulnerable.

The growling slowly stopped as it watched me. Now, being a few feet away from the fox, I could make out the condition its leg was in. Which honestly looked worse than what it actually was.

I then looked back into its eyes. "Stay here, I'll go get something to help." As if it understood me, it quietly watched me get back up.

I quickly darted to the convenience store and bought a first aid kit. Also buying a small pack of berries.

When I got back to the poor thing, it didn't growl at me anymore. At least not until I got closer to it.

Back to square one.

Now, sitting back on the ground, I pulled out the supplies and showed it to the fox.

I started to move towards its injured leg when it growled and snapped at me.

With a gasp I retreated my hand back. I bit my lip thinking of how I could help this stubborn fox without it feeling threatened and without it hurting me.

Getting an idea, a very stupid one at that, I grabbed a nearby stick. This caused the fox to growl at me more menacingly than before.

I raised the stick with a simple,"Wait", to the fox before it could try anything. Dragging the stick across my wrist, I scratched myself deeply. Hissing, I then used a few items from the first aid kit to fix it up.

I made sure the fox watched me, since it showed him it wasn't anything that was going to harm him.

I then took a berry out of the package and ate it. Making a 'yum' sound, I smiled.

"See? Just please let me help, then you can go back to whatever you were doing."

Now I know what your thinking. Y/N? All this for a wild fox?

Yes.

For some strange reason I feel that this fox is different. It's not your everyday wild fox, it's eyes are proof of that.

I carefully scooted over the berries to him. He looked at me and then to the berries before eating them.

I exhaled softly and smiled. Yes! Alright now the tricky part.

I leaned in towards his hind leg, while he was eating. I quickly started to clean the blood off of the leg and began to fix it up.

When he was done, I had finished as well.

I smiled and looked at the fox.

He seemed...surprised? Shocked? It was kind of cute, his expression.

As it licked it's lips, I scooted back from it.

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any crazier, the fox licked my cheek.

Now I was the shocked one. I smiled however, and stood up to bid it goodbye. It's leg wasn't too harmed so he could walk if it wanted to.

  The fox stared at me, before he finally got up. He nodded at me and walked back into the woods.

  Ever since that day, I noticed I've been zoning out more. I couldn't bring myself to care about Britney. And when I walked to and fro home, I only paid attention to the nature around me.

  I knew the fox would be back. And I was right, he would come back occasionally. Only at night would he show up along my pathway.

  And every time I went out, I would take a bag full of berries in case I saw him.

It was a nice exchange on my part, a couple of berries for some companionship. I wasn't alone now. Now I had someone I could talk to, someone I could just walk along side with.

It's now Friday, again. The weather has seemed to be getting worse and worse. It's making walking hard. I can't afford a car, and I'm sure as heck not going to ride a public bus. I could easily see something bad happening if I did.

Britney could see me and pick on me again. Or someone could easily harm me. And besides, I'd miss the fox too much.

Finally! I'm here!  "I didn't know I'd miss being at school again.", I spoke to no one in particular.

My hand reached out to open one of the schools back doors' , when I feel something rub up against my leg.

Jumping in surprise, I look down to see it's the red fox again. I exhale in relief.

Only to inhale when I remembered where I'm at.

"What are you doi-", before I could finish my sentence, the fox jumped up into the air. And playfully pounced on my shoe.

I tried hard not to smile, but trying can be hard itself.

"H-hey, your g-gonna get us caught! An-animals aren't allowed and I-", interrupting seemed to be this little guy's habit.

With a glint in his little yellow eyes, he looked up at me. In his mouth was my shoe string. "N-no".

Great. The only shoe string I have left. Is this going to be something else I'll get picked on for? I began thinking, internally whining.

The fox cutely tilted his head. "C-come here little fox.", I slowly bent down towards it.

Then it took off running.

With my mouth opened, I looked at the fox's back in astonishment. 

Why that little-

Quickly snapping out of it, I shook my head and looked inside the door's window to see the time.

It's 8:35, I have to be into class by 9:00. I looked at the clock then back at the woods. After doing this a few times, I bit my lip and made a decision.

I'm going to get my shoe string back!

Besides what will I tell anyone who asks? A cute little fox came up to me and grabbed it. Then ran off without a trace?
I'll just sound like a lunatic.