Chapter 2

My ears twitched in irritation. I rolled onto my side as I tried to block out the sorrowful crying as much as I could but nothing seemed to work. With a groan, I opened my eyes, and let them adjust to the darkness before getting up. The crying didn't cease. My heart broke thinking about how young this hybrid could be.

    I wanted to help. If I did, then the hybrid would stop, feel relaxed for a bit, and I could get a few more hours of sleep. But how? How could I let these scientists let me help?

Think Yoongi! Think!

What do these 'Masters' like to do the most to us???....

THAT'S IT!

They like to 'teach us lessons'.

   I walked as far as my chained feet would let me and started screaming for a 'master' to come in. At first, I didn't think it was going to work but I was soon proven wrong.

   A tall scientist with a white lab coat, and dusty brown hair came in. He held an angry expression on his face. "This better be good! What do you want?"

   "I want to go next door to the crying hybrid'', I started with a blank face. I wasn't about to let this man get the satisfaction of seeing me scared.

   "N-", before the scientist could continue I interrupted him. Earning me an evil look.

   "And teach him a lesson. He needs to learn to shut up.", I sternly stated. I would hate myself for saying that later. Right now, I had a part to play.

   I could then see the cog works turning in this mans head as he looked down. When he looked back up, with a sinister smile, I could tell my plan worked.

"That sounds like fun."

Boy, this man is stupid. Was he on something? Either way, I'm just ecstatic my plan worked.

~~~

   Once I stood outside the other hybrid's door, I looked over to the 'master' again. "Give us some privacy please", the words left my mouth with a wink. To which the man responded with a cackle as he opened the door, uncuffed me and pushed me in. Before you start celebrating, he made sure to put a shock collar on me. I wasn't completely free but I will take what I can get.

    Suddenly the room light turned on. I turned to see my fellow hybrid still crying softly. What came out of his mouth next made my heart ache.

   "P-please don't hurt me...I promise I-I'll behave!", the male put his hands up in defense.

   He held his head low, not looking at me. He looked weak and feeble. I suddenly wondered if he was going to be labeled as a weak hybrid. The thought scared me. I shook my head to get rid of those foul thoughts.

No. This kid is going to make it. I just know it.

   "I'm not going to hurt you.", I said in a soft tone, slowly making my way towards him.

    To that, he looked up at me in shock. Only then could I tell how long he had been crying due to his small red puffy eyes. His hands slowly made their way down as he started to uncurl himself. His scent smelt like a salty abandoned ocean. It gave off a sad and lonely feeling.

    I carefully sat down next to him, putting my back up against the wall. This made him look back at me with unsure eyes. I'm usually not one for hugging, but this will have to do. I opened my arms up and gave a soft smile.

    The kid practically flung himself into my arms, hugging me back.

A feeling of love and protectiveness came over me.

   We sat like that for a while. I would run my fingers in his smooth hair and 'shhh' him here and there as he would softly cry into my tattered shirt. He made sure not to be too loud, which was kind of nice.

   Once he crying stopped he laid his head on my shoulder. "Thank you.", he whispered. I continued stroking his hair, "What's your name kid?".

"Jimin. Park Jimin. You?", he sniffled.

"Min Yoongi."

    After a few more minuets we figured out that I was older than him and that it was coming close to the time I'd have to leave.

   "I'm sorry", he apologized, "Now you'll only get an hour of sleep left because of me."

    I giggled. "Silly. Don't be sorry. I'm just happy to help", I ruffled his hair, earning a cute giggle from him. His scent now smelling like a sweet little mochi.

   "Just promise me you will stay strong, and never let them see they get to you."

   "I promise hyung.", Jimin's eyes turned to crescents as he smiled widely. The smile made my heart. I just hope he doesn't end up hating me for this...

   "One last thing, I need to apologize for what I'm about to ask you to do". His smile faltered. Jimin crooked his head sideways.

   The scientist opened the door revealing a scared and shaking hybrid in the corner. The other one, with the shock collar, stood across from it looking sinister and proud.

   Jimin rocked himself back and forth in the fetal position. Holding his scratched up arms and looking down, making himself seem smaller than usual.

   While, Yoongi had only a few scratched on his arm with his shirt hanging off his shoulder. He smirked and made his eyes darken.

   "Taught him well I see", the 'Master' cackled. He then grabbed Yoongi by the collar and put the hybrid back into his own room and own chains.

   "Good job.", was all the man said before he left Yoongi in the dark again.

    Even if Jimin hates me for the act I made him put on, I'm just glad I could talk to another hybrid. Let alone help the poor soul out. And it felt nice to hear his soft voice.

   Yoongi gummy smiled to himself as he laid back down, letting himself be taken off to dreamland.